PNE doctor in Austin, Texas??

Here is information about Doctors in the USA who diagnose and treat Pudendal Neuralgia through many methods.

PNE doctor in Austin, Texas??

Postby johnnylee » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:30 am

For 9 months now I have been in chronic pain. Pain includes my right testicle, right groin/inguinal area, perineum, SI Joint, and along my right sacrum. I have been through antibiotics, anti-inflamatories, many anti-depressants, etc. I have seen 2 urologists, a surgeon, a neurologist, & physical therapy. I thought I had chronic pelvic pain syndrome but didn't really meet criteria. Please someone help me please!!!! 21 year old male. :cry:
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:18 am

Re: PNE doctor in Austin, Texas??

Postby janetm2 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:24 am

Welcome and sorry to hear about your struggle and pain. There are sone PN aware PTs listed of the homepage that are located in Austin. I would suggest seeing one of them to see if they can help resolving some pain, maybe diagnose and lead you to a local doctor. The closest surgical doctor of PNE would be in Houston. See the FAQs on the homepage for other ways to help you through with lifestyle ideas, etc. My best to you.
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms (per colon-rectal dr.) treated by ElectroGalvanicStimulis(EGS). 6/27/10 sat too long on a hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, spine pain dr cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain started/surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job and join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone!
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:54 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: PNE doctor in Austin, Texas??

Postby Violet M » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Johnny, was your physical therapist someone who had a knowledge of how to treat pudendal neuralgia? You could check out the list of PT's from the homepage. There are several who specialize in pudendal neuralgia in Austin and they might know of a physician in your town who could help you with a diagnosis and treatment. Otherwise, you may need to travel to Houston or one of the other PN specialists for a definitive diagnosis.

If you have SI joint dysfunction you might want to try seeing a manual therapist who uses the Hesch method. Google Jerry Hesch to find his website and information on how to find someone in your area who uses the Hesch method.

PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
User avatar
Violet M
Posts: 5467
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:04 am
Location: United States

Return to USA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest