Questions about Dr Dellon in Baltimore, MD.

Here is information about Doctors in the USA who diagnose and treat Pudendal Neuralgia through many methods.
donstore

Re: Questions about Dr Dellon in Baltimore, MD.

Post by donstore »

Linkey,
It's possible you are entrapped again in the same place from scar tissue from your surgery with Dr. Robert. As Violet says, your symptoms seem to point away from dorsal nerve compression. I think that one reason that Dr. Dellon replys so promptly is that he is more focused on the business side and that would include customer sevice and a confident presentation. His claimed success rate of 80 per cent after only a few pudendal nerve surgeries has not yet been verified by anyone posting on the forum so far. Hopefully the future will bring some reported improvements. At least with Dr. Potter you are having someone without a financial interest in your surgery evaluate your condition. Too bad she is so far away. If I was making one long flight, I would make an appt. with Dr. Hibner and stop in NYC on my way to Arizonia. Just my opinion. There are no sure answers with this problem, that's for sure. As I recall, Dr. Bautrant is only in his office on certain days. I believe it was Tuesdays and Thursdays. Ali knows for sure.

Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
Linkey

Post by Linkey »

Hi Ezner

Thanks for your post. Between the 3T MRI and the other measuring instruments, how would you rate it the former? If I need to do this the right way then maybe I should grit my teeth and embark on the 17hrs flight to NY! If the doppler and EMG holds promise then it would be easier for me to go to Bautrant in France. After receiving some informative posts I am putting my thoughts on Dr Dellon on hold. These posts are really helping me to put things into some perspective.

Thanks
Linkey
Linkey

Post by Linkey »

Hi Donstore

My thoughts are the same. I think the nerve is entrapped in scar tissue. The pain is a stabbing pain deep in the perineum. No pain in the penis. So can't be the dorsal nerve. I'm trying to get Dr Bautrant today to discuss the problem. Hope I succeed.

Thanks for the post

Linkey
Cathy Richoux

Post by Cathy Richoux »

I had PNE surgery with Dr Dellon on June 8. At pre surgery consult, he took much time with me, my history, symptoms, etc. After an exam he felt I was a candidate for his surgery. My pain management doctor in New Orleans had completed the diagnostics necessary before the consult. This was very helpful in getting my surgery scheduled ASAP. I had been in pain for over 2 years. My daughter who is an RN accompanied me. We both felt Dr Dellon to be very understanding and compassionate. His office staff was very helpful in getting us transportation from the airport to our hotel and we got a discount because I was his patient. Accommodations at the Sheraton Baltimore North were great including free shuttle to his office and the hospital. The surgery was outpatient so we stayed at the hotel. He visited there the next morning. I was deemed competent to fly home that evening. No complications or infections developed. I received excellent treatment at the surgery center and Dr Dellon was with me prior to surgery while I was put to sleep. My surgery was difficult, lasting an hour longer than predicted since the nerve damage was worse than expected. Still, Dr Dellon is expecting a complete recovery. I am following his plan for warm water therapy. It is the best part of my day. I feel I'm getting better on a daily basis. I am so glad I was proactive in researching for a doctor who could help me. I couldn't imagine a life on cymbalta, gabapentin, Xanax and Vicodin with no end in sight. Life as I had known it before pudendal nerve pain was gone. Now I have hope again, thanks to Dr Dellon. He is a very gifted surgeon.
He and I discuss my progress on a weekly basis via email. He answers my email questions within 24 hours or less. I am so thankful for the attention I am receiving and would recommend his services to anyone suffering this agonizing malady to seek his help.
He is also willing to help me get proper insurance repayment and appeal process by speaking directly to them if necessary.
I will update soon.
Cathy, Covington LA
nyt

Post by nyt »

Cathy, I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well. Keep us posted on your progress.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

HI Cathy,

So glad to hear you are feeling much better already after surgery. Did Dr. Dellon give you any information about your surgery that you are willing to share, such as where the entrapments were located? Did he identify these locations prior to surgery and use a small incision to access them or did he view the entire course of the nerve? I appreciate any information you can provide.

Sincerely,
Stephanies
Last edited by stephanies on Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
lightmail

Post by lightmail »

Cathy, did he cut both ligaments.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Best wishes on your recovery, Cathy. Thanks for posting your experience.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
donstore

Post by donstore »

Looking forward to your updates.
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
Cathy Richoux

Post by Cathy Richoux »

Stephanie and others,
I had neuromas in both left and right rectal branches of pudendal nerve. My past history includes colorectal cancer with radiation follow up including vaginal cesium implant, hysterectomy, breast reconstruction using fat from both left and right buttocks. Result? Lots of scar tissue which caused this problem,which showed up after starting to ride my bicycle. The pain was excruciating putting me into several anxiety attacks. Before pain management I was living 24 hours a day on narcotics.
Dr. Dellon said everything inside was pulled toward the right. The branches were twisted together into one big mass trapped in scar tissue. No wonder the surgery lasted an extra hour!
I am in my eight week of warm water therapy. I am expecting a slow recovery but I can now ride on a car seat for short distances without a pillow.
This week I can go most of the day without a Vicodin. Depends on lifting. Bending over, which I try my best to avoid. Dr dellon does not want the nerve that he tucked behind gluteus muscle to loosen while they heal. Just swimming and water walking for now.
This is how I can best describe. Just minor burning. No throbbing, no feeling of object in rectal area. So much better than before. Hope this helps.
Update later,
Cathy

Return to “USA”