Amniotic fluid injections

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
jaxi123

Re: Amniotic fluid injections

Post by jaxi123 »

Are these injections supposed to help muscle spasms and stop pain signals?
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

I believe the stem cells are potentially useful to help regenerate the nerve and this would theoretically stop the pain. I don't think it has anything to do with muscles. Someone who knows more might be able to chime in.
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
jaxi123

Muscular or nerve or both

Post by jaxi123 »

Is anyone's body like mine in that at one exam I can be told it is more muscular than nerve and another exam be more nerve than muscle? That is the boat I am in. So it's difficult to know what to do.
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

I know what you mean..My pain is both muscle and nerve..They don't know the ratio. But knowing myself and how I clench etc. I suspect mine is more muscle.
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

My dr said amnionic injections would help muscles as they are connected to the nerve.
But insurance will not cover this injection so my dr has stopped offering them for the time being.
He was giving them vaginally to several patients who said they helped.
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

Still looking to hear from anyone who has had muscular relief from this type injection.
Kit

Post by Kit »

Regarding the appearance of scar tissue at 6 months post surgery...I have had 3 surgeries in 2004, 2008 and 2013, each with a different surgeon and the last with Hibner. All 3 surgeons used the latest and greatest thing to wrap the nerve so that supposedly scar tissue would not bind the pudendal nerve. However, all three did in fact get bound by massive scar tissue starting at about 6 months. By 8 months the pain started getting worse, from the scar tissue. I had the latest MRI after the first and second surgeries and could clearly see the scar tissue. Using hind sight, I do not think the nerve wrap material worked at all. And also with hind sight, I wish I had not had any of the 3 surgeries. I am convinced that most of my current pain is from scar tissue binding the nerve, as opposed to the nerve damage. None of the surgeries have helped at all, and each has pushed me down the hill of pain to where I am at now. Opiads area good/bad thing. I take a lot of methadone, and it really helps. But over time it loses it's power to reduce pain, as the body gets used to it.
Kit Male age 74 Sitting pains started 10/2003. I have had about 14 years of pudendal nerve pain, including 3 surgeries by Ansell, Filler, and Hibner. None did any good. But finally, I discovered the DRG (dorsal root ganglion) neurostimulator. It was implanted on Dec 28, 2017. It has been a miracle to me. My quality of life has improved 95%, and reduced the pain by about 60%. Anyone with Pudendal pain should consider a DRG neurostimulator.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Kit,

I am sorry to read all you have been through. I look back on things I did to treat my PN pain with some regret as well. Did you have any improvement from your surgeries before worsening 6-8 months after each? My local pain doctor thinks in maybe 5 years they will be doing stem cell injections to help nerves so maybe we can find some hope in that.

My best to you,
Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

Does anyone know the exact true number of patients who have been healed by these injections and those who are healed did they have PNE surgery previously?

I think I read where Dr Hibner or his Radiologist stopped these because they will not work if you have scar tissue.

This injection did not work for me. One of the radiologists in Phoenix said I had so much scar tissue he could not even tell where to do a nerve block at.
rdeni

Post by rdeni »

I had the Amniotic Injectable Allograft done by Dr. Jarnagin back in December of 2017 and it did NOT work. I have never had surgery, just a lot of PT, dry needling, CT guided nerve block, acupuncture, massage, and the list goes on. I am going on 4 1/2 years with PNE.
Rdeni

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”