RF and Amnionic Injections

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
jaxi123

RF and Amnionic Injections

Post by jaxi123 »

Is there a way to find out how many patients have undergone these treatments and the outcome?
blightcp

Re: RF and Amnionic Injections

Post by blightcp »

I have had many, >8, PN nerve injections into the PN canal, nothing ever worked except that the local anesthetic used stopped the pain for a few hours.

I tried to have an RF ablation on the PN nerve and the pain clinic said that most insurance companies are not covering it and that they personally have not had a good success rate with it.

I already had 2 surgeries with documented damage to the PN. So they advised the sacral stimulator, it has help control the pain a lot better than with just meds.

I would say that RF ablation is not that common. And where the nerve injections are placed tends to change from doctor to doctor.
PN by sedentary job and commute
Treated for IlioInguinal pain 2008-10
PT by Dr. Conway's team | 3 PN blocks @ Elliott in Manchester USA
TIR 2010 and TG by Dr. Conway in May of 2012 uncovered nerve damage, declared surgical failure in May of 2014
PT and bed rest continues
Employer refused accommodations in 8/13, now in the disability war.
Sacrial Stimulator 9/14 by Dr. Ross Boston MA
Anesthetic pain pump trial 3/16/15 by Dr. Ross
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

Was your RF and stimulator covered by insurance?
blightcp

Post by blightcp »

RF was not covered at all, that was why we did not continue, the Doctor doing it was not confident it would help me.. so we investigated the stimulator.

The stimulator ran about 15K and was 100% covered by my BCBS plan for about 8 - 9K when I add up all of the bills.

I did not know until just now when I looked it up that it was 100% covered. :D :D :D

Medtronic, the manufacturer of the stimulator took care of all of the paperwork for me with insurance.
PN by sedentary job and commute
Treated for IlioInguinal pain 2008-10
PT by Dr. Conway's team | 3 PN blocks @ Elliott in Manchester USA
TIR 2010 and TG by Dr. Conway in May of 2012 uncovered nerve damage, declared surgical failure in May of 2014
PT and bed rest continues
Employer refused accommodations in 8/13, now in the disability war.
Sacrial Stimulator 9/14 by Dr. Ross Boston MA
Anesthetic pain pump trial 3/16/15 by Dr. Ross
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

Still interested in hearing from anyone who has tried these treatments and if they helped.

Would either of these treatments help muscle spasms?

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”