sitting mri

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
solarmom

sitting mri

Post by solarmom »

Hi
i saw info about these on a coccyx pain support group and looked it up.
I have been trying to find someone to do a sit stand xray on me to see if my coccyx is angulated but i would be willing to sit through an mri if it would reveal the real source of my rectal and sitting pain..

http://www.uprightmri.co.uk/for-medical ... right-mri/
nyt

Re: sitting mri

Post by nyt »

The standing and sitting MRI technology is quite interesting. The only problem is the resolution is very low. I think as this technology advances and they get higher resolution to at least what most facilities use for our standard pelvic MRIs which is 1.5T then there are many pathologies that can be missed. Even with 1.5T the resolution of detection is not as good as the 3.0T. As far as I am aware the few facilities that have 7T only use them for research purposes. I do think sitting and standing MRIs can potential show pathologies that cannot be seen when lying on your back.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”