cryoablation

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
Violet M

cryoablation

Post by Violet M »

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/New-pr ... 78241.html

http://tinyurl.com/hhuz93v

Has anyone on the forum tried this, or do you know someone who has?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

Re: cryoablation

Post by Violet M »

PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
nyt

Post by nyt »

I know one individual who had this done by Dr. Prologo and is doing fantastic. They have moved on with their life and no longer post on this forum.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
nonsequitur

Post by nonsequitur »

In the case of the pudendal nerve I assume they simply damage the myelin sheat. It is not permanent and has to be repeated like PRF then.
They must be able to find the pudendal nerve to freeze it (not like a block where the vicinity of the nerve is good enough). It must be a terribly painful procedure.

If it really works that well, it is great news.
“Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.”
S.Freud
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

nyt wrote:I know one individual who had this done by Dr. Prologo and is doing fantastic. They have moved on with their life and no longer post on this forum.
Nyt, any chance they could come back and post their experience here?

Ezer, I think ideally they would use anesthetic and possibly IV sedation and locate the nerve via electrical neurostimulation. Just guessing but I think that would make the most sense.
nonsequitur

Post by nonsequitur »

True. I wonder. It would be nice to get a report from a patient.
Looking around, I found this article saying that it is an effective but painful procedure.
http://www.everydayhealth.com/pain-mana ... -pain.aspx
“Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.”
S.Freud
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

It might depend on what nerves are involved and whether you can locate them with nerve stimulation as you could with the pudendal nerve. This particular spine group uses IV sedation. http://spineandneuropain.com/cryoablation/

Violet
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

Is there anyone on the site who can elaborate on having PN cryoablation?

Is it a painful procedure?

I have been told your pain esclates for 10 days to 2wks after this is done. Doesn't seem worth it if you have to suffer more pain.
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

I wonder one of these patients post ?
http://www.wndu.com/content/news/New

I have heard Prologo patients can be pain-free up to two years
I am not sure about Phoenix does not report such long relief
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

Can anyone report yet having Cryo in Phoenix or Atlanta?

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”