PRP injections

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
mesquite

PRP injections

Post by mesquite »

Has anyone undergone PRP injections into the vagina for PN pain in the glutes? My pain mgt. doctor has had success with 2 of 3 patients with whom nothing else worked. He is waiting to hear back on the 3rd patient. Nothing permanent has worked for me and I've had the PNER surgery, neurostim (didn't work), PT (no lasting results) and am trying to manage my pain with meds. He said I should feel the positive results after 1-2 months.
ColSkiier36

Re: PRP injections

Post by ColSkiier36 »

I had prp done in my sacrococcygeal ligament and it worked. I also had it done in my legs for nerve pain and it worked. I would try it if I could find someone to give it to me in my vagina! Let me know if you do it, who did it and if it works. It works over time so you may not see the difference right away.
Pelvic Pain started 2008 Endometrosis diagnosed May 2012 Partial Hysterectomy w/ left ovary removal Nov 2012
Urinary issues and pelvic floor issues Sept 2013 InterStim Trial May 2014 (worked but opted for no surgery)
Diagnosed Pudendal Nerve Damage May 2014 Diagnosed Urinary Retention May 2014
Currently exploring options to heal!
mesquite

Post by mesquite »

Thank you for your response. How long did it take before you felt positive results i.e. less pain?
billyjoe

Post by billyjoe »

Nope I don't have better idea on that. Sorry!

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”