amniotic allograft injections

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
Violet M

amniotic allograft injections

Post by Violet M »

Recently I had a phone conversation with Dr. Jarnagin about amniotic allograft injections. For anyone who is interested please go to the home page at pudendalhope.org or see the following link: http://www.pudendalhope.info/node/112/
Last edited by Violet M on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
jaxi123

Re: amniotic stem cell allograft

Post by jaxi123 »

Isn't this a he Sam injection Hibner used to do but had little success?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I don't know if it's the same product. I don't think Dr. Jarnagin uses guided imaging to inject it -- just pelvic floor landmarks to place the injection.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

Jarnagin is my doctor and said this was of no value to me as it does not help muscular issues. Hibner stopped these as they were not having success with them.
I have nit heard of anyone who got much better with this.

Speak up those of you who had these injections with Jarnagin
nyt

Post by nyt »

At the time I had my injection, both Dr. Hibner and Dr. Jarnagan were using the same product. Below is the link to the thread:

http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... tic#p47465
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

I wonder why dr jarnagin reports so much success when dr hibner said they had little success with it?
nyt

Post by nyt »

Could be a couple of factors: 1) Phoenix was injecting at Alcock's canal targeting the nerve while Dr. Jarnagan injects multiple muscles and 2) maybe there were differences in the dose and frequency of application.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Dr. Jarnagin told me that many of the women he injected improved after just one injection but it takes 6-8 weeks before you notice any improvement. I wonder if it has anything to do with the way it is injected. My understanding from Dr. J is that he uses the old-fashioned method of finger guidance using the ischial spine as a landmark and injecting one cm. below that (done under anesthesia). From what you said, nyt, it sounds like Phoenix used image guidance. If you had a lot of scar tissue, maybe the amniotic fluid just wasn't able to surround the nerve to promote healing?

Violet
nyt

Post by nyt »

Yes, Phoenix was doing CT-guided injections. I think there are multiple factors why the injection didn't help me and I'm sure scar tissue is one of them.
Amy01

Post by Amy01 »

jaxi123 wrote:I wonder why dr jarnagin reports so much success when dr hibner said they had little success with it?
yes i have the same thoughts of contradictions

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”