amniotic allograft injections

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
nyt

Re: amniotic allograft injections

Post by nyt »

I had heard he had stopped doing them because he wasn't having any success with them. Not sure why he wasn't but Dr. Jarnagin does.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
rdeni

Post by rdeni »

I had the Amniotic Injectable Allograft done by Dr. Jarnagin back in December of 2017 and it did NOT work. I have never had surgery, just a lot of PT, dry needling, CT guided nerve block, acupuncture, massage, and the list goes on. I am going on 4 1/2 years with PNE.
Rdeni
Bathsheba

Post by Bathsheba »

Hi, re Dr Jarnigan’s success rate. A woman showed up in January on the Facebook forum, Pudendal Hope. She claimed that she had been cured by his procedure and started aggressively promoting it. To make a long story short, only one person was cured. Many were not. It was impossible to determine the success rate because people would claim they were going to sign up for it disappeared. The promoter has disappeared and there is not much discussion of Dr. J’s treatment now.

One thing that put me off was that you would get different answers about why you were put under general anesthetic and given Botox. Another thing we discovered is that the treatment has to be repeated every six months. It was promoted as a cure. The total amount billed insurance was around $22,000. Would insurance companies shell out this kind of money twice a year when there was minimal or no improvement? While an out patient procedure, it has to be performed in a hospital because he requires general anesthesia. I asked why he needed general anesthesia when he already required Botox. No answer. Was an anesthesiologist used or a nurse anesthetist? Never got an answer.

As for guidance, I was told that they use a sonogram for guidance, but other people said he used no guidance.
Botched blowing up of bladder July/2011
Was on Lyrica 800+ Mg./day for over 2 years
Bad fall due to Lyrica dizziness, seizure
Due to low blood sugar, side effect of Lyrica
Now on gabapentin, OxyContin, tramadol
Looking for pain pump, has to be local
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Thanks for posting this info, Bathsheba. It does not make sense to me to try Botox and amniotic allograft injections at the same time but I could be wrong. And if you are just having the amniotic allograft injection I can't see why general anesthesia would be necessary. I didn't have anesthesia or even sedation for any of my nerve blocks, and the way it was described to me by Dr. Jarnagin, the amniotic allograft injection is similar to a nerve block.

When I spoke with Dr. Jarnagin he did not say anything about general anesthesia, just that sedation was used. I'm wondering if they use conscious sedation rather than general anesthesia -- something like Versed. Also, my understanding from my discussion with him is that he doesn't use guidance but does the injections the old fashioned way using the ischial spine as the landmark. All of this is explained in my notes that are posted on the website. http://pudendalhope.info/node/112
Also, he said that the injections are repeated if the first injection gave some relief but then the pain returns, but that in some patients the injection does not need to be repeated. These notes were written down during my conversation with him and sent to him for approval and confirmation before being posted on the website. So, I'm not sure who is giving you different information than what he told me. Either the procedure has changed or there is some miscommunication.

I understand there are people who think there was a "mole" promoting amniotic allograft injections from Dr. Jarnagin. There was someone who posted on this forum who said she had success and some people were calling her a "mole" but I am not aware of any relationship between her and Dr. Jarnagin nor have I seen any conclusive evidence that this person was connected to him in any way other than being a patient. Do you know of any evidence that was presented?

It is true that not many people have posted they had success from these injections. Unfortunately, that is the case with many PN treatments.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

I had the injections and Botox with him and it was a waste of time and money for me. Yes I was out when this was done and woke up in recovery.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Conscious sedation can make you think you are "out." You can be talking and conversing with the staff but not remember any of it if they use a drug like Versed.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Hopeitworks

Post by Hopeitworks »

I had Amniotic Allograft injections by Dr. Jarnagin. The procedure do NOT work!

He doesn't use guidance and it's set up like an assembly line. You are sedated for the procedure.

The "mole" is working for the Rheo rep. There is another mole in Flordia doing the same thing.

The mole herself told me she was getting free Botox due to all the referrals she sent his way. In addition she told me she was going to start her own website with the help of the drug Rheo rep. She told me she was going to try to charge individuals to join her website by auctioning off expense clothes and such. This mad me more than mad. She recently started a GoFundMe account and what's sad is most of us are to ill to have extra cash. How could anyone want to financial benefit from or disorders. I wish I had what she said in a text or email. But, I heard it from her mouth. She's still doing it on every FaceBook group. This site is free and has more knowledge about PN and or PGAD than she will ever have. I asked her one time " where did they inject you" she said I'm not sure because I didn't have any bandaids when I woke up!". She is toxic and should be banned from all groups. I feel for it and because I was so desperate I tried it. Worst thing I ever did!

The only way to shut her down is by spreading the word. And having admins delete or block her. They allow the lies to continue to be spread.

What's great about this group are the facts and truth. It's like we have an unsaid understanding to respect each other and care for others when they are having a bad day. That's why I like this group.

The surgery center where I had my procedure done is trying to bill my insurance for 50k. I had my procedure in February and the surgery center keeps blaming my insurance for not sending the right info. So I have that to deal with now. As if I didn't have enough problems.

I recently found out I have Tarlov cysts and am getting back surgery.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Hope,

I don't think you can blame yourself for falling for something. I tried all kinds of things that didn't work before I finally found something that did -- but even when I went for surgery I was taking a big risk. The important thing is that we can share information with each other and when we find out from other people that something worked for them it does give us some hope that it might work for us.

Wishing you the best with your tarlov cyst surgery and hope to hear some good news from you soon that is worked. How long do you expect the recovery period to be?

Violet
Hopeitworks

Post by Hopeitworks »

I'm not having Tarlov Cyst surgery
I'm having surgery on L4/5 due to herniated discs. The doctor I see feels they can push on the sacrum and cause PGAD. I'll write about it to share with the everyone.

My cysts are small and most doctors don't think they are the cause.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

OK, well good luck with that surgery. ;)

Violet

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”