My Old Survey

This forum section is for archived topics which we find important enough to keep, but don't want to re-discuss. Access is read only
KRISG

My Old Survey

Post by KRISG »

Hi ,

Upon request I have republished here the survey I did in 2006 to learn something about the possible outcomes of surgery.
I would like to stress that I'm no doctor and this survey is not a scientific paper .
It only measures how people were that were on the forum then .
This is because I found it extremely difficult to read all the stories let alone draw some conclusions on them ..

If consists of 3 files . First is the word file that describes exactly how a question was asked . This is because often the answer is a result of the kind of question you ask. I also draw some general conclusions here .
pnedescription.doc
(82.5 KiB) Downloaded 1141 times
Then I have summarised the results in a excel
PNERESULTSexel.XLS
(230 KiB) Downloaded 1121 times
and for those who haven't got excel into a pdf as well
pneresults.pdf
(65.99 KiB) Downloaded 901 times
Enjoy !!

Kris
Bicyclist / IT guy / sitting allot
Then pain -- but only when sitting--
took me 3 years - nerve blocks etc to find out that it really was the surface of a chair that could help.. Now . After 5 years doing well -- on a special chair - special recumbent bike- special car - but ..almost without pain !!
Carlie

Re: My Old Survey

Post by Carlie »

Chris,
May I ask what kind of car seat helped you. Driving is most difficult for me and I have a lot of it to do. Thanks. Carlie
Violet M

Re: My Old Survey

Post by Violet M »

PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “ARCHIVED & CLOSED TOPICS”