Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.

Postby Kamal » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:39 am

I just had some thoughts related to specific pain while sitting. My pelvic floor physio has been doing myofascial release internally on the levator ani muscle. My pain while sitting is in the area of the levator ani muscle. Did any one ever get diagnosed with problems with the levator ani muscle tear or other problems? I have pain in the coccyx area, and it's a struggle to sit on hard surfaces. To me, the tear theory does make a lot of sense but not sure if anyone else can tie this type of pain to their levator ani muscles. The pudendal nerve does innervate these muscle to a lesser extent and the symptoms are similar to PN.

Chalking up the problems just to tight muscle in the pelvis has never really sat well with me. My problems started right after finishing cipro and being put on a harsh laxative that resulted in muscle spasming and cramping while trying to move my bowels.
Kamal

Re: New Member

Postby janetm2 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:00 am

Hi Kamal,
I started my sitting pain with my levitor Ani muscles spasming twice in 2007 & 2008 each time a few months until I finished treatments. In 2010 I hit PNE and both of these were aggravated by lation which I finally have under control.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms (per colon-rectal dr.) treated by ElectroGalvanicStimulis(EGS). 6/27/10 sat too long on a hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, spine pain dr cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain started/surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job and join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone!
janetm2

Re: New Memberi

Postby Kamal » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:32 am

Hi Janet,

I have mostly pain in the coccyx area that radiates to my groin area. My pelvic pain physio did the test to see if I had PNE and it confirmed I didn't. Also, I did an MRN and MRIs and none have shown any abnormality along the pudendal nerve. I am fairly certain I don't have PNE but just irritation. My issue is with my levator and myscles spasming and causing me pain. Did you say you have confirmed PNE? I haven't taken any suppositories to relax the Levator ani muscles but I'll ask my neuro at the next appointment. I am hoping one day the pain will just disappear. My issue is sitting with sitting on hard surfaces.

:(
Kamal

Postby janetm2 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:02 pm

Kamal,
Sorry if I mislead you. I did end up with PNE however I had fully recovery of the sitting pain from the EGS treatments of the levitor Ani muscles spasming. Hopefully you can get this cleared up. My PNE was brought on by many factors probably mostly the over sitting due to my foot pain and chronic constipation issues. PNE was confirmed when I had decompression surgery. My initial clue into PNE was by PT when they could not help because the ligaments around the nerve were so tight. I went to Dr Marvel had positive nerve blocks and with my history and low quality of life despite medications, decided on surgery. FYI the levator Ani spasms were confirmed by a colorectal doctor and another doctor in his practice did the Electro Galvanic stimulus treatments.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms (per colon-rectal dr.) treated by ElectroGalvanicStimulis(EGS). 6/27/10 sat too long on a hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, spine pain dr cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain started/surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job and join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone!
janetm2

Postby Violet M » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:20 am

I had pretty severe pain and tension on the levator ani muscles. I guess for me the relation I could see to PN was that the pudendal nerve runs along the Alcock's canal between the levator ani and obturator internus muscles so if it's irritated they would also be irritated but the opposite could be true also -- if the muscles are in spasm for some other reason they could be irritating the nerve.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

Return to WELCOME CENTER