Newbie Seeking Advice

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.

Newbie Seeking Advice

Postby Amy01 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:58 am

Hello all,

Hope my first post is in the right area. I am a female and suspect I have pudendal nerve pain. I have chronic, constant shooting pain in my vulva/genital area. I have been searching on the internet for my symptoms and this seems to be what I am suffering from. I need some advice as I cannot cope with this.

Thanks X
Amy01

Re: Newbie Seeking Advice

Postby janetm2 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:21 pm

Welcome Amy,
You posted in a good place and sorry you are having shooting pains, that is a nerve symptom. You may want to see a PN aware physical therapist, see list off the homepage​. Also the FAQs off the homepage has info on problems to test for that have symptoms similar to PN and medications that may help calm the symptoms while you search for diagnoses​ and treatment. Hope you can get some relief soon. I know how painful the shooting pains can be!
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms (per colon-rectal dr.) treated by ElectroGalvanicStimulis(EGS). 6/27/10 sat too long on a hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, spine pain dr cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain started/surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job and join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone!
janetm2

Return to WELCOME CENTER