Your Opinion, Please!

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.

Your Opinion, Please!

Postby Giovinazzo » Tue May 02, 2017 8:18 pm

Hello!

It would be great if you guys can help me to understand if these are PN symptoms.

A few months ago I noticed that only the right side of my penis and scrotum is somewhat numbness and tender to touch. I didn't paid much attention on this until yesterday when I noticed pain somewhere in the perineum area. The pain is present only when I move the right leg. It just last a second and it's not very intensive, but I can feel it.

I have lower back pain for a few years, but I used to it so I didn't payed a lot attention on it. In the last two years or maybe more I feel urge to urinate more often. I also had 2 episodes of urge to defecate often, those lasted for 5-6 days and were accompanied by external hemorrhoids.

I also have short, like electrical shock pains which goes from my anus to my belly button. These "shocks" strike me a few times a day and last only for a second.

I'm 35 years old male, not obese, actually I like to run and exercise, eating healthy, but I'm sitting for very long periods in the last 10 years or so due to my job. I have a small company with the home office, so there's no working hours, very often I spend the whole day on my computer. I assume that caused issues with hemorrhoids and possible with PN.

Do you think these are symptoms of PN? I'm a self diagnosed hypochondriac and I'm afraid it could be the worst, so I would be "happy" to have PN issues instead of a deadly disease (small drop of blood in the toilet (due to hemorrhoids I hope) and those electrical shocks in my body afraid me a lot).

Please let me know your oppinion and ask me anything that could help us to figure out if what I have now is PN.
Giovinazzo

Re: Your Opinion, Please!

Postby Violet M » Wed May 03, 2017 3:57 am

Hi Giovinazzo,

You can check out the symptoms page on our website to compare your symptoms. http://www.pudendalhope.info/node/9
There are other diseases that have similar symptoms though, so you want to be sure you and your doctor aren't overlooking other possibilities.

Often PN is accompanied by other problems such as sacroiliac joint dysfunction. Since you have low back pain that is also something you want to consider.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

Postby Giovinazzo » Wed May 03, 2017 8:13 pm

Hi Violet, thank you for the reply!

Yes, I checked the symptoms on the page you suggested and I have some of them, but not all. For example, my pain is not strong at all. It appears just when I touch the right side of my penis and sometime when I walk (when changing direction). Pain isn't persistent at all. Sometimes when I touch skin on my penis I feel that kind of pain, sometimes not.

I was better today and there was somewhat less pain. A few hours ago I crouched in my garden and since then I feel pain in the perineum more often. That's the reason I assume all this could be due to an perineum injury. There are people who claims you can get a perineum injury when squatting. I squatted aggressively evening before all this started and now it is worsen after crouching. Perhaps I should avoid to crouch for a few days and to see if the pain will still be there.
Giovinazzo

Postby Amy01 » Thu May 04, 2017 2:02 pm

Hi Giovinazzo, it seems you are on a self diagnosis path which i suggest to consult professional with. As the symptoms you described are similar to PN, and this might be indication of other problems as well.
Amy01

Postby Violet M » Fri May 19, 2017 4:44 am

Giovinazzo wrote:Hi Violet, thank you for the reply!

Yes, I checked the symptoms on the page you suggested and I have some of them, but not all. For example, my pain is not strong at all. It appears just when I touch the right side of my penis and sometime when I walk (when changing direction). Pain isn't persistent at all. Sometimes when I touch skin on my penis I feel that kind of pain, sometimes not.

I was better today and there was somewhat less pain. A few hours ago I crouched in my garden and since then I feel pain in the perineum more often. That's the reason I assume all this could be due to an perineum injury. There are people who claims you can get a perineum injury when squatting. I squatted aggressively evening before all this started and now it is worsen after crouching. Perhaps I should avoid to crouch for a few days and to see if the pain will still be there.

PN pain can be mild or severe. Squatting can stretch the pudendal nerve if it is entrapped in ligaments or muscle fascia but that may not be what's happening to you. I don't know. Can you be checked by pelvic floor physical therapist?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

Return to WELCOME CENTER