Tear during childbirth. Help pls!

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.

Tear during childbirth. Help pls!

Postby H0ff0211 » Mon May 29, 2017 7:42 am

Hi there, I have posted on this forum once before and received a lot of help and support. I was diagnosed with PN post-vaginal delivery of my daughter 3 months ago. It was a complicated birth, pushed for 3 hours and had a vacuum delivery. I had a deep tear into my left vaginal sidewall area. So deep that my OB said it went "into the muscle". Most of my pain from PN has been on my left side, especially effecting my left labia and feels like a constant pinch inside my vaginal on the left side. The tear did get infected postpartum, the tear was left partially unsutured by the OB as it was "too high to repair". I did develop a hematoma in the area as well as the bad infection and has to have it cleaned drained and restitched. My stitches have now healed and I am off all medications. I have good days and bad. My question is:
-what muscle would have had to tear in the pelvis to affect the pudendal nerve? I am having a hard time figuring out what exactly caused the PN and if it was the tear itself.
-medically malpractice wise.. I'm not sure I have a case. But I am trying to figure out if the infection due to the insured deep tear is what caused the PN.
Thanks!
H0ff0211

Re: Tear during childbirth. Help pls!

Postby Violet M » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:51 am

H0ff0211 wrote: My question is:
-what muscle would have had to tear in the pelvis to affect the pudendal nerve? I am having a hard time figuring out what exactly caused the PN and if it was the tear itself.

Bulbospongiosus or ischiocavernosus maybe? http://www.pudendalhope.info/sites/defa ... lNerve.jpg

Or higher up the muscles that make up the vaginal wall that have the pudendal nerve running between them are the obturator internus and levator ani muscles.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

Return to WELCOME CENTER