New on here, desperate for opinions on possible PN

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Violet M

Re: New on here, desperate for opinions on possible PN

Post by Violet M »

I definitely can relate to that, John. I think you will eventually find something that works for you. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
flyer28

Re: New on here, desperate for opinions on possible PN

Post by flyer28 »

John do you have any news? My case is similar in some aspects, so I read thoroghly your thoughts.
The problem is that the highly sensitive ilioinguinal or genitofemoral nerve might not be the underlying reason, but a part of big picture - namely pelvic myoneuropathy. Difficult to treat, I am struggling with this condition more than 8 year, despite having had some good periods which are interchanging with flare-ups...Good PT is essential.
summer 2009 - episodic post ejaculatory pain,
early 2010- major flare-up, chronification
february 2011 - ESCW wave. major flare-up, lasting 5 months
february 2012 - diagnosed CPPS with irritation of pudendal nerve, hypog. plexus block
june 2012 - dorsal nerve block, no relief
2013 - starting PT with moderate results
2014-2017 better periods interchanging with heavy flare ups
2018 first long remission (several months)
2019-2023 most of the time almost assymptomatic with cca 2 flare ups yearly

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”