New to PGAD and realize anything can cause it

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Hopeitworks

New to PGAD and realize anything can cause it

Post by Hopeitworks »

Here's is what I have realized in a short amount of time. PGAD can be caused by anything.
Medication
Sexual trama
Nerve damage
Hormones
Fibroids
Tumor
Cyst
Pelvic floor
Pelvic Surgery
I probably left a few out but no freaking wonder they can't cure it, if it's caused by everything. This leaves me hopeless. I've never agreed with "Just treat the symptoms". All that does is mask the problem, no solve it. Don't get me wrong I will try whatever I'm asked to try but I will never give up until I know what caused me to develop PGAD.

I'm still having a hard time excepting I have this disorder. So I'm going to be posting a lot and please support me while I adjust to my new life. Which I feel bad come to an end. Your not living when your just going through the motions of life. Again please help me. All info or support is welcomed.
Thank you in advance because this site is why I'm still alive.
Violet M

Re: New to PGAD and realize anything can cause it

Post by Violet M »

When I first developed PGAD I had no idea what caused it but with a lot of research and trying different and seeing different providers, I was able to figure out what it was and treat the root cause. I wish you all the best as you work on figuring this out for you. You seem like a very pro-active person so I expect you will get this figured out. In the meantime, I think it is fine to take medication that masks the symptoms so it doesn't drive you insane. If you do find a medication that takes away the symptoms and the medication doesn't have too many side effects, it might be a good strategy to keep taking the medication, leave things be, and not stir things up.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”