Going to see Dr Hibner 11/1/17

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Sk8rcruz

Going to see Dr Hibner 11/1/17

Post by Sk8rcruz »

Hi, I’m new to forums but have been referring to this site since 9/2015. At that time I started having pelvic pain about a week after a very painful tandem bike ride. I went to a GYN that was convinced I needed a hysterectomy due to fibroids (that have been there with no problems for ove 20 years). He didn’t take the pain seriously, didn’t think fibroids would hurt that bad, but I had a hysterectomy anyway. The perlvic pain-which was like a stabbing and pinching of what I thought was my cervix-was gone when I healed up. Fast forward to June 2017 and undefined pelvic discomfort led me to my PCP. I took bactrim x 2 rounds as the pain increased, then a shingles drug, with no relief. Went to a (different) GYN who first suggested it was a nerve problem. She had my PCP start me on gabapentin. I saw a urologist to rule out urological causes. Saw a neurologist, who, after 3 visits and a MRI with dye, suggested I was “depressed,” or had pudendal nueralgia. I had my psychiatrist rule out depression! This neurologist did not have the knowledge to treat pudendal nueralgia so he referred me to UCSF Nuerology dept. it took 3 WEEKS to get scheduled. Because the first neurologist put “possible depression” on my chart, the new Nuerologist wanted to do a consultation rather than get testing started. The visit would be 6 weeks out! I called UCSF and asked if anyone in the neurology department could treat pudendal nueralgia. I received a call back an hour later explaining that I would have been referred somewhere else since no one there treats it. By then I had found the Arizona Center for Chronic Pelvic Pain and started registration. I am elated and hopeful I can get relief! I start with a Pain Management clinic near my home in the Bay Area on 10/17, as my PCP has been doling out 30 norcos a month for breakthrough pain. From what I understand, my journey is not untypical. I’ll keep to forum updated!
Violet M

Re: Going to see Dr Hibner 11/1/17

Post by Violet M »

Yes, it is typical, unfortunately. Hopefully you are on the right track now and will be able to get some answers. I think there are some excellent PT's in the Bay area who treat people with pudendal neuralgia. http://www.pudendalhope.info/node/63#CA Maybe you could get some input from one of them also so that you have someone locally
who can help you. Good luck with your visit to Dr. Hibner.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”