New User name, not new to the board

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Linds_1989

Re: New User name, not new to the board

Post by Linds_1989 »

I don't see PT's anymore. My last one was supposedly trained... Or at least some what familiar with it. I did things at home like use the disaster, I did skin pulling, whatever that is called and I did other things I know I couldn't do now. She referred me to the womens pain obgyn that she sends some clients too so he started managing me... She I think felt like there was nothing else she knew to do. He gave me trigger point injections, I've been on 2 more kinds of nerve meds with him and he prescribes me tramadol sometimes. He is familiar enough with PN to know of it and even heard of entrapped nerves but not enough to do a surgery or anything like that. He suggested several months ago considering going to the MAYO clinic but with Christmas coming up I just wasn't ready and didn't know where I wanted to go or what to do next. At this point I don't really know where to go from here. Like when nothings worked and you are in so much pain I don't know if going to see Dr. Hibner is a next step... Or Dr.Marvel... I just don't know.
Violet M

Re: New User name, not new to the board

Post by Violet M »

From what I have heard, you won't get much help at Mayo Clinic when it comes to pudendal neuralgia.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”