At what point do you see Hibner or Marvel?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Linds_1989

At what point do you see Hibner or Marvel?

Post by Linds_1989 »

When you've tried multiple things over the last 3 years, PT,RE, trigger point injections and nerve blocks, and just get progressively worse, is that when you consider going to see Dr. Hibner or Dr. Marvel? Like they are the "PN" docs in the US right? I saw Dr. Echenberg when things were much calmer in 2015. But now I don't feel like he is the person for me to see. Idk if I need nerves frozen, or some things else, I just don't know. Heard how negative the surgeries are. It would be nice to stay away from that... I already have mesh in me I don't want to have more surgery. Please help...
April

Re: At what point do you see Hibner or Marvel?

Post by April »

Hi Linds,

I've grappled with that too. If you're asking about surgery, I think a lot of people wait until they've exhausted all the other options and nothing has worked, including meds. If you asking about a visit for a specific procedure, I think a lot people do that after they've concluded they aren't going to get better with a change in lifestyle and healing over time. And if you're asking about a visit to just get feedback on MRIs (or to get MRIs done), I think a lot of people do that much earlier. I did it less than two years into the problem.

April
Violet M

Re: At what point do you see Hibner or Marvel?

Post by Violet M »

My philosophy is similar to what April described. I got to a point where it was obvious conservative treatments weren't working and that's why I ended up going to a surgeon.

Dr. Hibner is an expert when it comes to mesh. A large part of his practice is related to mesh removal. You might want to read the interview I had with him. http://www.pudendalhope.info/node/110 You will need to scroll down to find the section on mesh.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”