best cushion

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
LindafromNJ

best cushion

Post by LindafromNJ »

What is the best cushion for anal and vaginal pain? I got a Kabootie but not working well.
LauraBee

Re: best cushion

Post by LauraBee »

Hi Linda,

I am new to the forum, and have had pudental nerve pain in the same areas as you, made worse by sitting. I've tried numerous cushions over the last 2 years. First I tried a basic inflatable donut cushion ($10 at CVS), but partially inflated. I also have ischial bursitis and hamstring tendonitis so tried overlapping two partially inflated cushions so there is very light support in the center of my body. I also bought a heavy duty rubber donut cushion a Wal-Mart, but don't recall the brand or cost. The last thing I've tried is a 4-inch toilet seat cushion from Amazon (about $20). I use it backwards so that most of the weight is shifted to my thighs and it's open to the back.

I'm still searching for the best cushion... Before I tried these, I tried some memory foam cushions but they didn't help. I wish you the best of luck.

Laura
Attachments
cushions.jpg
cushions.jpg (1.8 MiB) Viewed 2231 times
nancyhillchadwick

Post by nancyhillchadwick »

I have found the best cushion to use is an ordinary firm neck cushion that you can find in many places(I get mine from TJ Max). I keep one in both cars and at home. I carry it with me everywhere so I can sit on it at a restaurant,etc. I have a neurostimulator pain implant, but still use my neck cushion (obviously with pillow cushion opening under the genital area) religiously!
Nancy
Mike H

Post by Mike H »

I think the TheraSeat is best. It's designed for people who suffer from Pudendal Nerve Entrapment/Neuralgia and Volovdinia. The materials and foam are excellent.
jon

Post by jon »

Here's the sitting cushion I use, because most others are wedge-shaped. - I keep the cutout in the front. It's intended to take pressure off the spine, but my pain is in front.

https://www.allegromedical.com/personal ... 54701.html

Use the pull-down menu and buy the 4 inch with strap, which can be cut off if you don't like it.

Good luck, and hang in there!
Left testicle pain since 2008. Left sciatica 2010-2012. Failed left epididectomy, orchiectomy, botox injections, nerve blocks and internal physical therapy. Genital branch of genitofemoral and perineal branch of pudendal nerve cut. L5-S1 microdiscectomy cured sciatica. Dorsal Root Ganglion nerve stimulator failed to help and was removed. I have had 4 pudendal nerve blocks, two from Dr. Poree worked for 2 hrs. The ONLY break from pain ever.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”