Chairs

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
smileygram

Chairs

Post by smileygram »

Does anyone know of any type of chair that is made to take pressure off in areas that have PN pain? If so, let me know. Thanks.
Karyn

Re: Chairs

Post by Karyn »

Hi :P Gram,
The only one I'm aware of is the ever ellusive Hara Chair. I believe they have a showroom in CA some where, or did at one time. I'd really like to try one of these out, but not enough to fly cross country. To date, I haven't heard of anything comprable and hope something comes along soon.
Warm regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
smileygram

Post by smileygram »

Thanks for the reply Karyn. How have you been doing after your PN surgery? I hope that you will respond again since we both have had the surgery. Thanks,
Debbie :) :)
MAGlaser

Post by MAGlaser »

The Relax The Back store has a zero gravity chair that I tried at my doctor's office. It was pretty comfy. I just found one on the Overstock.com website for $700. Not sure if the Relax The Back store is national. Very good quality.
smitzel

Post by smitzel »

I have a Hara Chair and LOVE it! I live in Mpls if anyone wants to try it out. i think it was around $350. Don't know if they are still in business. Also have an outdoor lawn chair type gravity free chair that is sooooo comfortable. Bought at Bed Bath and beyond and have seen them other places. Only $50 and could easily bring inside! Very comfortable. Let me know if anyone wants a photo of the outdoor one and I can try to find it on line.

STeph
Suffering for 11 years after running marathons and weight lifting. Diagnosed with PN by Dr. Antolak in 2006 and Dr. Weiss in 2010. Taking Cymbalta, Gabapentin and Baclofin. Just made an appointment to see Dr. Hibner for MRI and consultation for surgery, can't get me in until Dec.
JeanieC

Post by JeanieC »

Hi Smileygram,

I like the Alpine Design Oversized Zero Gravity Chair from Sports Authority very well. The oversized is slightly wider than the regular size, but has a much nicer looking and more durable appearing fabric. It reclines further than some of the other zero gravity chairs, locks at any position, and it is on sale just now for $54.99. These chairs have really helped me to have a bit of a social life and I learned about them right here on this site! Thank you whoever wrote about them originally.

Best wishes for your recovery,
Jeanie
Diagnosed with left side PN by Dr Renney, March 2010, after over 2 years of searching for help
Left TG Surgery, Dr Ansell, August 2010, failed to relieve pain
smileygram

Post by smileygram »

:lol: Thanks everyone for the information. I have a seating pillow from ICN. Could anyone give me some information on inflatable cushions? Thanks Debbie
donstore

Post by donstore »

Debbie,
I have found the Airgo Active Seat Cushion (Amazon) quite useful.

Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
smileygram

Post by smileygram »

Thanks Don! I will check that one out.

Debbie
smileygram

Post by smileygram »

Thanks for the info on the airgo active seat cushion. Has anyone tried the theraseat cushion? Also any relief from gel cushions?
Thanks,
Debbie

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”