My Favorite Cushion

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
jon

My Favorite Cushion

Post by jon »

Since my pain is in the groin, this is the best cushion I have found. The cutout is intended for your spine, but I turn it around the other way so that there is no contact with that area! I have 5 of them and they go everywhere with me. Works great in a car. Great if you use a wheelchair.

Use the pull-down menu to get the 4 inch thick model - "With Strap, 18" x 16" x 4".

See picture in next post.

Here is the link: http://www.allegromedical.com/personal- ... 54701.html
Last edited by jon on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Left testicle pain since 2008. Left sciatica 2010-2012. Failed left epididectomy, orchiectomy, botox injections, nerve blocks and internal physical therapy. Genital branch of genitofemoral and perineal branch of pudendal nerve cut. L5-S1 microdiscectomy cured sciatica. Dorsal Root Ganglion nerve stimulator failed to help and was removed. I have had 4 pudendal nerve blocks, two from Dr. Poree worked for 2 hrs. The ONLY break from pain ever.
jon

Re: My Favorite Cushion

Post by jon »

THE best for pain in the front. Not a wedge!

Gets the 4" with strap, using the pull-down menu. It costs $42.71, but it's worth even that last penny!

https://www.allegromedical.com/personal ... 54701.html

Here's a picture:
Cushion www.allegromedical.com.jpg
Cushion www.allegromedical.com.jpg (78.99 KiB) Viewed 717 times
Left testicle pain since 2008. Left sciatica 2010-2012. Failed left epididectomy, orchiectomy, botox injections, nerve blocks and internal physical therapy. Genital branch of genitofemoral and perineal branch of pudendal nerve cut. L5-S1 microdiscectomy cured sciatica. Dorsal Root Ganglion nerve stimulator failed to help and was removed. I have had 4 pudendal nerve blocks, two from Dr. Poree worked for 2 hrs. The ONLY break from pain ever.
Erik Voight

Re: My Favorite Cushion

Post by Erik Voight »

Looks like the price is right! But I tried to go that direction a few times and found that the cutout was not deep enough and I had to alter the cushion further that was really for back conditions, it's basically for the coccyx and not a Pudendal or testicle pain. Since my pain is in the perineal area I went for a theraseat round, not the cheapest, but by far the best cushion for pudendal nerve problems. I did have testicular pain for a while so I was just taking the cover off but since that's gone I keep all the covers on. I have one in my truck and one at home, going to buy another for the office. The foam inside is very comfortable. The nice thing is it doesn't look like it's for some kind of butt problem. Anyhow hope this helps.

http://theraseat.com/shop-products/#!/R ... y=15039015

EV

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”