ANYONE KNOW ABOUT CUSHIONS?

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
clo236

ANYONE KNOW ABOUT CUSHIONS?

Post by clo236 »

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone would know anything about the low profile twin cheeks cushion. Would it still prevent you from touching the seat? I am currently using this Togu one https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=togu+ ... 9LkuC1w%3D but am currently still in a lot of pain. I purchased a good one for my desk chair at home from putnams but would like something I could transport around with me and fit in my bag and also be less visable.

Any suggestions welcome :)

Thanks,

Chlo xxx
stephanies

Re: ANYONE KNOW ABOUT CUSHIONS?

Post by stephanies »

I use the twin cheeks "firm" cushion to drive. It is adjustable and keeps the rectal area from touching the seat or bottom of the cushion. I don't know about the low profile one. I think when buying from them if you buy one and don't take the plastic off, you can try it and then return it if it does not work. Hope you find something that works for you.

Sincerely,
Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi Stephanie
thanks for the info about the "Cushion Your assets Twin Cheeks" cushion. I have a similar cushion, Given to me
By a member of our Group who couldn't use it, but I don't think I have the Firmer model, so my butt still hurt
When I tried it.
I will call them and try to order the firmer one. My main concern is that my anal/rectal area
does not touch the surface.. Hope this one works, as driving without pain is my prayer!
thanks again for the idea!
erajat

Post by erajat »

I ordered the twincheeks cushion from cushionyourassets.com but that didn't work for me. I started getting a stiff neck since it didn't have any tailbone support so I replaced it for the Fanny cushion which works for me. The Fanny is also sold by cushionyourassets. These cushion are definitely a try.
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi, thanks for your info about the fanny cushion From
cushion your assets. I will check it out!
I'm Glad it works for you!
Thanks again
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

Hi

I have tried numerous cushions, I now have a square inflatable cushion from Amazon, it has a hole in the middle and can be inflated or deflated as required.
This cushion fits exactly on my workplace cushion. I took the cushion to my local seamtress who made me a stretch cover for it with a small handle.
When going out I deflate it totally and fold it away in my bag. I took it on a recent flight for 4 hrs and it was ok. Some discomfort but I have yet to find the perfect cushion which will take away my pain

Bella
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi Cookie,
Thx for posting about ur cushion. I have loads of them as well, and have not found one that keeps my painful anal area from touching the surface, None seem optimal yet, tho one concoction we create allows me to kneel in restaranot booth.
I use a "tush cush" over a bubble cushion but need something better.

Im trying to imitate what it feels like to sit on the toilet which is painless.

if you could, could u post a pic of the cushion u use?
My hope is for one that lets me drive for short disctances without throbbing after- pain for a couple days etc.

Thank you!
Kathy
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi
This question is for erajat.
Thx for your reply about the "Fanny" cushion from "Cushion ur Assets". I was wondering what it looks like?
I've never seen pics of this one. Does it have an opening in the center or back to the keep the anal/ rectal area from making contact with the seat? I will be using it mostly for driving.
Also was it easy for you to contact Cushion Ur Assets? Someone in our group commented they had a hard time reaching them.
Thx for any info!
Best of luck.
Kathy

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”