Burning Pain with Standing and Lying Down?

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
wannagetbetter

Burning Pain with Standing and Lying Down?

Post by wannagetbetter »

What would be the significance of vulvar burning pain not only with sitting but also with standing and lying down horizontally?
April

Re: Burning Pain with Standing and Lying Down?

Post by April »

Wanna,

I'm not sure what the significance of it is, but my burning is just as bad standing as sitting. I actually think sitting is slightly better than standing or walking. I do, however, find improvement from the burning after I have been lying down for a while. It takes a while though. So, I solve my burning with ice, lidocaine, and/or lying down. I am usually pain free in the morning before I get up (after 8 hours of lying down). Are you pain free in the morning before you get up? If you are, then it might just be that it takes a while (many hours) for the lying down to help.

April
wannagetbetter

Post by wannagetbetter »

Thanks April. Yes, I am pain free in the mornings upon waking.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

wannagetbetter wrote:What would be the significance of vulvar burning pain not only with sitting but also with standing and lying down horizontally?
I had pain in all positions. When sitting I had a knife-like pain on one side near the sit bone but the burning perineal pain was pretty much in any position. I can't say for sure what the significance of that was other than to say the nerve was pretty much irritated all the time.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Fat01

Post by Fat01 »

Sometimes burning feet can come from tired feet from being standing all day, It can come from being overweight. It can also come from shoes that don't fit properly. Dampness, together with friction, leads to the sensation of burning, so its important to buy shoes that let perspiration evaporate. Socks made of synthetic fabrics can make your feet hot and sweaty and can produce a burning feeling. Burning feet can come from an allergic reaction to shoe material or socks.Thanks

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”