Exercise regime with PN?

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
sailor_moon

Exercise regime with PN?

Post by sailor_moon »

Hi everyone,

This might be an odd question, but can anyone recommend me some forms of exercise that I can do to try and get back in shape again that wont make my PN flare up or worsen?

I have put on a little weight over the last 3 1/2 years of having this condition and was very fit prior, I used to be a gym junkie and loved exercising and being fit. I used to do everything from weights, pilates, yoga, walking, jogging ect.

It makes me sad to see the state I'm in now, and not being able to get that feel-good rush you get from working out.

If anyone could give me any suggestions apart from swimming it would be very much appreciated.

Thankyou
stephanies

Re: Exercise regime with PN?

Post by stephanies »

Hi,

The only form of exercise I can do is walking. Some days I can walk a lot, some days not.

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
Violet M

Re: Exercise regime with PN?

Post by Violet M »

I do parts of The Firm workout program with light weights. It took some trial and error to figure out which parts of it I can do without having a flare-up. I can do the step stool exercises and get my heart rate up pretty good that way. I'm not sure if I could have done it before PNE surgery though.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”