Carmichael Throne chair

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.

Carmichael Throne chair

Postby egley » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:22 pm

Are there any 'Carmichael Throne' users here?
I am especially interested in experience with the Office Chair in particular, but all users please, please reply.

I've sunk WAY too much money into chairs and cushions - I feel as if I am in the lab testing service for PN chairs/cushions.
I was desperate to stay working back then.
But now that I'm on disability, I can't afford it but do have the time to be more cautious.

I have found only one thread on this chair and there were few actual users there.
Is there anyone else out there using this chair besides this thread?:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3251&hilit=carmichael
This thread is pretty old also.

Looking at the pictures of the office chairs the design looks promising, but I am hoping to get more actual users opinions.
I don't think they even had the office chair at the time of the above thread.

I have tried emails and also left a voicemail about a return policy, but no reply so far.
That worries me a bit by itself... Probably should take that as a negative about returning it...
Oh, how I pine for the old B&M days, when one could actually try something out.

Skip
Right testicle pain started ~2005
Stanford Pain clinic (~2007).
Dr Weiss diagnosed PNE; said I needed to go to Hibner for surgery (2010'ish). Sorry, no surgery for me.
Neuro-stim (~2012); pain pump 13 or early 14.
Pump removes leg spasms (from neuro-stim surgery) but only maybe 25% of PNE pains.
Still hunting for the holy grail of 0 pain from PNE.
Prialt and fentanyly in pain pump (10 bolus/day allowed); Oxycodone (4x/day)
egley

Re: Carmichael Throne chair

Postby kathyd » Mon May 22, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi Egley and everyone,
I too am looking for the "holy grail" of cushions.
My pain is a bit different,but the result is similar in that sitting directly, hurts badly. (Tension and fear now drive my pain, more than the physical issue in my case. ) I wonder if anyone else here has that issue as causal for continued pain.
( that is for another post and subject area tho!)

My question,, is what are people using to "sit"or perch on in order to drive or for social occasions, work etc.

I have posted this question several times but haven't gotten many responses.I"m hoping that some new cushion concoction becomes available soon, which would keep painful spots from direct contact with the surface of the cushion/seat.

My pain is in the anal rectal area, mostly , with some in sit bones as well.
I would so appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions of a cushion adaptation to use .

Thx and best wishes to all!
kathyd

Re: Carmichael Throne chair

Postby egley » Mon May 22, 2017 7:11 pm

Hi kathyd,

I ended up using ice in combination with cushions. Specifically BodyIce.
I really could not find a cushion that would allow me the freedom and the level of pain decrease I was craving.
I can go pretty long with some BodyIce in a cooler.
I don't know much about the issues for women, so this may work only for men.

The problem with ice is you have to be careful.
On a few occasions (when I had a deadline at work), I would just turn the freezer down to get them as cold as possible and squeeze them them into the region between my testicle and leg ((my pain is primarily in my right testicle).
It was wonderful - no pain at all in my testicle! But I ended up with a case of frostbite a couple of times.
I learned my lesson, and that is to take breaks as soon as you feel stinging. I have found that I can sit for, I don't know maybe 15 minutes to a half hour, without any ice at all after a round with the BodyIce.
So, I was way overdoing it when I first started with the BodyIce and paying a heavy price when I ended up with frostbite.

I have tons of cushions, but the only thing that allowed me to drive was ice.
I always carry a little 'playmate' around with a few of the BodyIce packs inside when I go anywhere.

I sincerely hope you find your particular solution.

All the best to you!
Skip
Right testicle pain started ~2005
Stanford Pain clinic (~2007).
Dr Weiss diagnosed PNE; said I needed to go to Hibner for surgery (2010'ish). Sorry, no surgery for me.
Neuro-stim (~2012); pain pump 13 or early 14.
Pump removes leg spasms (from neuro-stim surgery) but only maybe 25% of PNE pains.
Still hunting for the holy grail of 0 pain from PNE.
Prialt and fentanyly in pain pump (10 bolus/day allowed); Oxycodone (4x/day)
egley

Return to SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS