Is there a wheel chair that leans back A LOT?

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
Lindsey89

Is there a wheel chair that leans back A LOT?

Post by Lindsey89 »

Is there a good wheel chair of seat you can take out in public where you can lean back as much as you need to? I can't go to the store bc it's too painful to walk but I can't sit straight up in a reg wheel chair either. I'd like to be able to go to the grocery store again with my husband or sit comfortably in church. Our seats in church aren't typical church pews. (However you spell it). They are coushy chairs that lean back slightly, and I used to do okay just sitting with my wait on one side,but now I have a really hard time sitting at church,even with my new pillow I ordered from pelvic pain solutions website.
I just didn't know if there were wheel chairs that recline a lot or some kind of seat with wheels.
nyt

Re: Is there a wheel chair that leans back A LOT?

Post by nyt »

There a many types of reclining wheelchairs. Here is a link to a company that sells a variety of them: http://www.1800wheelchair.com/category/ ... eelchairs/

You might want to see if your insurance would cover one as they are expensive.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Lindsey89

Post by Lindsey89 »

nyt wrote:There a many types of reclining wheelchairs. Here is a link to a company that sells a variety of them: http://www.1800wheelchair.com/category/ ... eelchairs/

You might want to see if your insurance would cover one as they are expensive.
Thanks for sharing the website. From the photos,it looks like they only recline when stopped. I am looking for one that can recline as your being wheeled around. Do you know any that does that?
nyt

Post by nyt »

I would imagine if you called the company they could tell you which ones if any recline when being pushed. I know there are some out there because I've seen older children and/or young adults with cerebral palsy in wheelchairs in reclining positions.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”