best cushion

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.

best cushion

Postby LindafromNJ » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:05 am

What is the best cushion for anal and vaginal pain? I got a Kabootie but not working well.
LindafromNJ

Re: best cushion

Postby LauraBee » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:24 am

Hi Linda,

I am new to the forum, and have had pudental nerve pain in the same areas as you, made worse by sitting. I've tried numerous cushions over the last 2 years. First I tried a basic inflatable donut cushion ($10 at CVS), but partially inflated. I also have ischial bursitis and hamstring tendonitis so tried overlapping two partially inflated cushions so there is very light support in the center of my body. I also bought a heavy duty rubber donut cushion a Wal-Mart, but don't recall the brand or cost. The last thing I've tried is a 4-inch toilet seat cushion from Amazon (about $20). I use it backwards so that most of the weight is shifted to my thighs and it's open to the back.

I'm still searching for the best cushion... Before I tried these, I tried some memory foam cushions but they didn't help. I wish you the best of luck.

Laura
Attachments
cushions.jpg
cushions.jpg (1.8 MiB) Viewed 775 times
LauraBee

Postby nancyhillchadwick » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:37 am

I have found the best cushion to use is an ordinary firm neck cushion that you can find in many places(I get mine from TJ Max). I keep one in both cars and at home. I carry it with me everywhere so I can sit on it at a restaurant,etc. I have a neurostimulator pain implant, but still use my neck cushion (obviously with pillow cushion opening under the genital area) religiously!
Nancy
nancyhillchadwick

Postby Mike H » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:25 am

I think the TheraSeat is best. It's designed for people who suffer from Pudendal Nerve Entrapment/Neuralgia and Volovdinia. The materials and foam are excellent.
Mike H

Postby jon » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:48 pm

Here's the sitting cushion I use, because most others are wedge-shaped. - I keep the cutout in the front. It's intended to take pressure off the spine, but my pain is in front.

https://www.allegromedical.com/personal ... 54701.html

Use the pull-down menu and buy the 4 inch with strap, which can be cut off if you don't like it.

Good luck, and hang in there!
Left testicle pain since 2008. Left sciatic-area since 2012. Failed left epididectomy, orchiectomy, botox injections, nerve blocks and internal physical therapy. Genital branch of genitofemoral and perineal branch of pudendal nerve cut. Failed microdiscectomy for bulge at L5-S1. I still have left sciatica/foot numbness and left testicle-area pain. Dorsal Root Ganglion nerve stimulator failed to help and was removed. I have had 4 pudendal nerve blocks, 2 from Dr. Poree worked for 2 hrs.
jon

Return to SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS