Walking and flare-ups?

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
Cade

Walking and flare-ups?

Post by Cade »

On the main part of the site under the lifestyle changes section it says that walking is a safe form of exercise for those with this condition but I also read elsewhere that you should abstain from activities that aggravate your symptoms.

I can't stand or walk for more than a few minutes without getting a tingly feeling in the perineal area and then pain/soreness if I don't lay down. As a result I have to lay down nearly all day but I get so restless and stir-crazy. Do you think it's ok for me to keep walking in spite of it or is the flare-up a sign of further nerve damage/irritation?
Violet M

Re: Walking and flare-ups?

Post by Violet M »

Hi Cade,

What does your physician recommend? If you have a good PT they might also be able to advise you. Most people with PN problems are OK with walking but I had problems and had to lie down most of the time during the worst of my illness. Both walking and standing were a problem, so just from my own experience I would say, if something increases your pain, I think that is a red flag.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”