WORK FROM HOME JOBS / EMPLOYMENT IDEAS

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
Buttercup28

WORK FROM HOME JOBS / EMPLOYMENT IDEAS

Post by Buttercup28 »

Hi,

I am curious to know if anyone has ideas for jobs that can be done from home? I'm specifically asking about work-from-home jobs b/c I need to be close to a bathroom and have access to stand, walk, and lay down as needed throughout the day. (A job that is in an office would not work, as this is what I had for the many years before having to go on disability for this condition.)

I want to prepare myself well in advance for the fact that I may be unable to get approved for SSA disability (and get access to good health insurance). In this situation I would need to find a job so that I can get good health insurance again.

I cannot go back to my old job/profession which involved sitting all day and extremely high stress in an office.

I welcome any ideas!

Thanks,

Buttercup
Sudden pelvic pain onset that landed me in the ER 2x -- diagnosed with severe pelvic floor dysfunction and suspected IC. Diagnosed with pudendal neuralgia via MRI and EMG and hip impingement/labral tear on CTscan. Ran the gamut with tests, treatments, procedures, injections, drugs, etc. since then. Still on the quest for answers....
Violet M

Re: WORK FROM HOME JOBS / EMPLOYMENT IDEAS

Post by Violet M »

I know one gal with PN who sells stuff on EBay. I don't know if you could make a living doing that though. You can do jobs like medical transcription from home. Not sure exactly what training you would need. I used to have a computer set-up where I could lie down. That might be helpful if you want to do something via computer/internet.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Cade

Post by Cade »

I work from home. I do data entry and transcription for a university. I have a lap desk that I put my laptop on and I can work while laying down using that setup. I do that when the pain is too much for me to tolerate the donut cushion.
Buttercup28

Post by Buttercup28 »

Hi Cade,

Thanks so much for letting me know what you do for work. I will probably be emailing you soon to ask you more about that!

Thanks,

Buttercup
Sudden pelvic pain onset that landed me in the ER 2x -- diagnosed with severe pelvic floor dysfunction and suspected IC. Diagnosed with pudendal neuralgia via MRI and EMG and hip impingement/labral tear on CTscan. Ran the gamut with tests, treatments, procedures, injections, drugs, etc. since then. Still on the quest for answers....

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”