How did you get SSA Disabilty?

Discuss here about Medical Disability claims and Insurance possibilities for PN treatment options
helen1000

Re: How did you get SSA Disabilty?

Post by helen1000 »

Hello,

I have got it despite initial denial. They deny you if you do not have certain diseases from special list, kidney failure, for example. Or if you are younger than 50. They like to initially deny you generally speaking.

Go to lawyers.com or avvo.com or both. Find SS lawyer in your area that has good reviews and hire him or her.
Carefully collect information about all doctors, medicines, tests and provide it to lawyer. Some of them can request testimonies from your coworkers, relatives etc.
I provided list of time off paid and unpaid that I took last 2 years.
It will build your case.
Include not only PN but other conditions as well. Like fibro, spinal problems, hip, shoulder problems, SI joint dysfunction.
Be honest and accurate in your court day.
For instance do not say 'I cannot sit' but 'If I sit I will suffer from pain several days'. Not 'I cannot drive' but 'I have difficulty driving long distance because of pain and distracted attention due to medicines that I have to take to control pain'. If you do something say so but highlight that it happens rarely etc. Talk about your trials. For example, I tried to stand and it only gave me bad back, I tried to work from bed but it gave me abdominal spasms. Remember you have to prove that you cannot work in any industry doing any job. Not just occupy your usual position.

Good luck,

Helen
8 nerve blocks rel 6 w.Met Dr. Peters,Dr. Antolack.Dr. Peters pacemaker,Dr Antolack TG operation.Maigne s.Internal PT at Dr Peters Nothing.PFCN block rel 6 w. PFCN RFA.Nothing.SI joint RFA.Nothing.Left scar tissue removal.Good.SIJD. PT of SI joint ME, and Prolo of SI and PS.Lumbar spine facets turned left. ME. T10-12 facets too wide.T10 turned left.ME and Prolo.Labral tears in left hip, spurs.Will have operation at 09/18/13,Met with Dr Conway.EMG shows left PN problem.Good impression of Dr C.
jep

Post by jep »

Gina H.

Post by Gina H. »

Hi Faith,
I hope you still receive messages since this is an old post I'm reading and replying to. I was noticing that you have Bilat FAI. Did you ever get that fixed? I have it also or I should say had it. I had right hip surgery 9 wks ago. I also had PN. I had that fixed per allografts of Stemcells in FRanklin, TN. My hip surgery was done in Nashville. The hip disease may be why you were or are not improving. Would glad to give you more information if you need it. With both you are definitely disabled but you don't have to stay that way!!
Gina H.

Return to “INSURANCE & DISABILITY ISSUES”