Long Term Disability in US

Discuss here about Medical Disability claims and Insurance possibilities for PN treatment options
helen1000

Long Term Disability in US

Post by helen1000 »

Hello,

I hoped that somebody can advise me. I was cut off of my long term disability company in US (UNUM). They claim that I can stand and sit on a bagel. I cannot sit on a bagel since I have ishial tuberosity issue. I cannot stand because of discs damaged in lumbar spine. They did not even mention PN and refused to contact my PN doctor.
I will appeal for sure but I hoped that someone have already went this way and can give me advise.

Thank you all.

Helen
8 nerve blocks rel 6 w.Met Dr. Peters,Dr. Antolack.Dr. Peters pacemaker,Dr Antolack TG operation.Maigne s.Internal PT at Dr Peters Nothing.PFCN block rel 6 w. PFCN RFA.Nothing.SI joint RFA.Nothing.Left scar tissue removal.Good.SIJD. PT of SI joint ME, and Prolo of SI and PS.Lumbar spine facets turned left. ME. T10-12 facets too wide.T10 turned left.ME and Prolo.Labral tears in left hip, spurs.Will have operation at 09/18/13,Met with Dr Conway.EMG shows left PN problem.Good impression of Dr C.
Violet M

Re: Long Term Disability in US

Post by Violet M »

If you need peer-reviewed articles about PN there are a bunch listed on our publications page on the hope website at pudendalhope.org. You might need to get advice from an attorney.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
helen1000

Post by helen1000 »

Thank you, Violet. May be I can use it. I hope they pay attention.
8 nerve blocks rel 6 w.Met Dr. Peters,Dr. Antolack.Dr. Peters pacemaker,Dr Antolack TG operation.Maigne s.Internal PT at Dr Peters Nothing.PFCN block rel 6 w. PFCN RFA.Nothing.SI joint RFA.Nothing.Left scar tissue removal.Good.SIJD. PT of SI joint ME, and Prolo of SI and PS.Lumbar spine facets turned left. ME. T10-12 facets too wide.T10 turned left.ME and Prolo.Labral tears in left hip, spurs.Will have operation at 09/18/13,Met with Dr Conway.EMG shows left PN problem.Good impression of Dr C.
nyt

Post by nyt »

You should get a good disability attorney. Most of them take a percentage of what they recovery for your disability claim.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Buttercup28

Post by Buttercup28 »

Hi,

How is everyone doing with their LTD situation? Were you able to appeal and was it successful? Is anyone on SS Disability as well or just LTD?

Thanks,

B
Last edited by Buttercup28 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sudden pelvic pain onset that landed me in the ER 2x -- diagnosed with severe pelvic floor dysfunction and suspected IC. Diagnosed with pudendal neuralgia via MRI and EMG and hip impingement/labral tear on CTscan. Ran the gamut with tests, treatments, procedures, injections, drugs, etc. since then. Still on the quest for answers....
nyt

Post by nyt »

For me, my LTD through my work was a whole different beast than SSD. For me, I ended needing a disability attorney and still didn't turn out great. Just be prepared to not be caught doing anything that you have told them you can't do because they will most likely perform surveillance and will probably also require a Functional Capacity Evaluation at some point.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
Buttercup28

Post by Buttercup28 »

Hi NYT,

Thanks for your response. So were you able to get LTD through your company with the help of a LTD attorney or no? Were you able to get SSD?

Thanks,

Buttercup
Last edited by Buttercup28 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sudden pelvic pain onset that landed me in the ER 2x -- diagnosed with severe pelvic floor dysfunction and suspected IC. Diagnosed with pudendal neuralgia via MRI and EMG and hip impingement/labral tear on CTscan. Ran the gamut with tests, treatments, procedures, injections, drugs, etc. since then. Still on the quest for answers....
nyt

Post by nyt »

I didn't have problems getting my SSD nor maintaining it over the last 8 years.

LTD has been another story. I do not want to divulge too much of my LTD journey for legal reasons.
Buttercup28

Post by Buttercup28 »

Hi NYT,

No problem. I definitely understand. Thanks for your response.
Last edited by Buttercup28 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “INSURANCE & DISABILITY ISSUES”