Anyone who was approved for social security disability?

Discuss here about Medical Disability claims and Insurance possibilities for PN treatment options
GraceOfGod

Anyone who was approved for social security disability?

Post by GraceOfGod »

Is there anyone here who got their application for social security disability approved and who would be willing to talk to me and my wife about it? I would be very grateful.
Ray P.

Re: Anyone who was approved for social security disability?

Post by Ray P. »

Hi
12 years ago I got mine approved. All I did was send in application and they called up and said I was approved.
I also had a foot problem that may or may not be related to PNE. I think my doctor also went to bat for me.

Ray
helen1000

Post by helen1000 »

Hello Grace,

I was recently approved. I will send you PM with my phone and email. Meanwhile read my message at http://pudendalhope.info/forum/viewtopi ... ce7ff6cd07

and
http://pudendalhope.info/forum/viewtopi ... ce7ff6cd07
8 nerve blocks rel 6 w.Met Dr. Peters,Dr. Antolack.Dr. Peters pacemaker,Dr Antolack TG operation.Maigne s.Internal PT at Dr Peters Nothing.PFCN block rel 6 w. PFCN RFA.Nothing.SI joint RFA.Nothing.Left scar tissue removal.Good.SIJD. PT of SI joint ME, and Prolo of SI and PS.Lumbar spine facets turned left. ME. T10-12 facets too wide.T10 turned left.ME and Prolo.Labral tears in left hip, spurs.Will have operation at 09/18/13,Met with Dr Conway.EMG shows left PN problem.Good impression of Dr C.
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

Faith did.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
Addysgammie

Post by Addysgammie »

I did after hiring a lawyer and visiting pain clinic every month. It took 2 years and went before a judge but finally was able to get approved. If interested still let me know.

Addysgammie
Positivepoppy

Post by Positivepoppy »

Hi has anyone in the UK had disability secured for this condition. I have submitted all my medical notes months ago and still waiting for them to go through it and make a decision. I'm currently on employment and support allowance but due to the delibilating nature of this condition then surely disability is an option?
carolynm

Post by carolynm »

Approved on first try. My potter MRI was helpful to have, where she clearly states "entrapment". I used a lawyer.
Cm
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)
Positivepoppy

Post by Positivepoppy »

Thank you for giving me hope and glad you had yours approved. I'm desperate to return to work as I love teaching but knowing only too well what my job demands physically and mentally need to realistic as only 4 months post surgery. Did you apply for PIP as well I'm currently ploughing through the questionnaire. Excuse my ignorance but the disability payment is different to employment and allowance support?
jep

Post by jep »

Hi,
Am a bit confused. Is 'Social Security Disability' a USA or UK benefit?
Thanks in advance for any info.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

It's a benefit in the USA. I don't know about the UK.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “INSURANCE & DISABILITY ISSUES”