STUDENT LOANS

Discuss here about Medical Disability claims and Insurance possibilities for PN treatment options
sadie

STUDENT LOANS

Post by sadie »

If you have student loans through the Government (Direct Loans) with the Us Dept of Education, 800-848-0979 and you are on disability, I believe you can call them directly and explain you situation and they will send you a form to fill out . Nelnet is the company that deals with total and permanent disability claims such as this, and the 3 year post discharge monitoring period. Just googled it and it stands for NATIONAL EDUCATIONAL LOAN NETWORK . If you qualify , they will ask you to submit your w2 's for 3 years straight and if your income is in the government allotted poverty range they should expunge your loan in full. Do not quote me but i believe the poverty guideline for 2015 was about 15,930.00 in 48 of the states with Hawaii and Alaska having different guidelines. I am not saying this will work for everyone but has worked for some and is worth looking into. I realize how very hard it is to keep your credit rating afloat, or eat for that matter.... when living off of disability, and hopefully this will give even one person relief. God bless to all
2007-2010 anitriptyline for PN, 2010 it caused severe dystonia
2010 PNB w steroids caused severe PGAD
11-2010 St Josephs NH. , ketamine drip, meds etc to stop nerve from firing, nothing worked
11-2010 - 3-2011 Elliott Hosp. Pain Manag. Center , 16 PNB w/ lidocane did not work
3-2011 bilateral TG surg., w/ Dr. Conway
12-2011 3TMRI, Dr. Potter, rt side nerve re-entrapped w/ scar tissue
3-2013 rt side re-do surgery w/ Dr. Hibner for PGAD
Violet M

Re: STUDENT LOANS

Post by Violet M »

Thanks, Sadie, for posting this valuable information.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
billyjoe

Re: STUDENT LOANS

Post by billyjoe »

Glad to know about this. Thanks for sharing.

Return to “INSURANCE & DISABILITY ISSUES”