Marijuana!!

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
PatBS

Re: Marijuana!!

Post by PatBS »

Ive always been interested in this. Though doesn't look like the UK are going to legalise it anytime soon.
Grammy

Post by Grammy »

Would it be too personal to ask what strains are helping you folks with the pain. Someone told me you most likely need a little thc in it to get true relief. My doctor is working to get me registered to use it. Please help me if you can. I would like to try vaporization first as I do not like the idea of smoking. My pain lately is really putting me down....literally to bed for over half a day. This is not living...it is just existing.

I have tried six surgeries, six stim trials, close to forty injections, nothing has really helped me. Anatomically my organs are displaced and I have a feeling of fullness and pressure all the time. Inserting a pessary makes the pain worse. I do sometimes take a small tampon and wet it in warm water then insert it to help the pelvic floor pressure. There are days when pne makes me sick.

In addition to the pain the fatigue has become a huge issue for me. Even provigil no longer helps.

Over the years that this site has been up and running does anyone know the most popular drugs currently being used. If cannibis is a bust, I may look into a pain pump implant. Please, I am sincerely asking you to help me as I am not in a good place right now!
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Sorry, I don't know much about marijuana or the different strains. Have you tried suboxone, Grammy? It is an opioid with naloxone in it so you are not likely to develop a tolerance to it as you would with most opioids.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Hi Grammy,

I'm a registered MA Medical Marijuana patient and have found this very helpful with pain management. Currently, I take a few puffs in the evening with a pipe, but am looking into other delivery methods - there are MANY besides smoking or vaping it. I've previously tried topicals, but haven't found them to be even remotely effective.

A couple of things to consider:
1. Marijuana and everything that goes with it is very expensive. Nothing is covered by health insurance.
2. You would have try lots of different strains to find out what works best for you. There really isn't a one size fits all strain.
3. With the right strain, it is possible to achieve pain relief without feeling "high".

Here's a link to Leafly - I hope it helps!

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101

Kind regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
Sweaca

Post by Sweaca »

I live in a state that has Legalized medical & recreational use marajuana. I have used the CBD and CBD/THC blend and have been disappointed in the results. I had no relief from pain, and in fact, it upset my stomach. I realize this has helped others for pain, but don't believe it is effective for PN.
Grammy

Post by Grammy »

Asking once more for a strain that works but does not turn you into a zombie.
Grammy

Post by Grammy »

What strain of mmj do you use. I found mmj drops high in thc made me jittery...not high...just jittery. Perhaps it needs to be smoked to really work? Does anyone know about this. I never touched marijuana and at seventy I feel strange doing this but I will do anything to get rid of pne!
Grammy

Post by Grammy »

One other thing that I was told by a pain dr. Unlike opiates, marijuana does not suppress respiration. There is not a case of someone dying from using mmj. Problem develops when you start to add other things to it!
Grammy

Post by Grammy »

my Pain Clinic is still pushing this. I have tried vaping straight Cbd, thc, and a one to one combo of thc and Cbd, makes me sleepy but does not much else for me. There are so many strains you do not know where to begin! I wish there was one popping up on our site that others have found helpful.
April

Post by April »

Hi Grammy,

I am trying it right now. I take CBD oil sublingually and then I swallow it. It's in the "gold" category, but I think that category may be brand specific. I am doing much better, but I started this last week one day after I started a new drug (nucynta), so it is hard for me to know which of the two (or both) is helping. The CBD oil is a five day supply so I will see how I do after it runs out. I think the majority of my improvement is the nucynta, but I will let you know after my CBD oil runs out. I bought it at a place staffed with both an RN and an MD, and I met with the MD for 40 minutes (!) and he did a good job of answering my (many) questions. So I do feel fairly comfortable taking it, and I'm not concerned about interactions with my other medications. But, I'm not yet sure it is effective.

April

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”