People With Success W/New Pulsed Low Radiofrequency Ablation

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.

Re: People With Success W/New Pulsed Low Radiofrequency Abla

Postby jaxi123 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:49 pm

Dr Attaman what is your opinion of Cryo ablation?
jaxi123

Postby saint » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:44 pm

Can anyone give me more information on this? I had back injections and got blessed relief but then the pain came back. I have to do something as it's unbearable.
saint

Postby Violet M » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:31 am

You had back injections that relieved pudendal neuralgia?

Pulsed radio frequency ablation has mixed reviews just like pretty much every PN treatment. It works for some people (temporarily) but not for others.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

Postby JJ11 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:20 am

I have had 2 Bilateral Pudendal Nerve Pulsed Radiofrequency Ablations over the past year. They have been the most beneficial treatments (out of many) that I have received since aquiring Pudendal Neuralgia 7.5 years ago. They were performed by Dr. Stephen Coleman at Stanford University and just like Dr. Attaman in this thread explains, he has told me that there is no real "Ablation" involved. Both times I experienced a calming of my symptoms (sitting time went from 1 minute to 20 minutes) but I experienced a flare up after a few months following each. I am going in for my third procedure at the end of this month hoping to calm my symptoms down again. I am very interested to know what others have found out about having this done multiple times.
JJ11

Previous

Return to PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS