Letter for family members to explain your pain.

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
kathyd

Re: Letter for family members to explain your pain.

Post by kathyd »

So true Violet..... and everyone,
One understanding doc told me once "Just tell them you have severe lower back pain" and avoid the explanation!
I had to go to urgent care recently due to one of my issues flaring badly, as I couldn't reach my PT -- the only person who is
close to "getting it".
The urgent care doc was a very nice lady, but I could tell she had little clue of what I was talking about.
Thankfully she prescribed a med that helped my issue that night and the next day, but I'm still evaluating it.
Meanwhile my primary care doc , another nice lady, told me a long time ago, my pain is "out of her league". She is not the first internist who has said something similar.
Time for med schools to become aware and starting training their docs on the various and many symptoms of pelvic pain and its effect on the patient!
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Kathy,
Definitely the med schoolls need to catch up!!
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Andy_Pablo

Post by Andy_Pablo »

I just tell people its like having toothache which can spread anywhere from lower back, to my knees...
Credula vitam spes fovet et melius cras fore semper dicit...
Mod4

Post by Mod4 »

Just thought I would mov this topic upwards as for me it’s very relevant right now

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”