med for anxiety

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
kathyd

Re: med for anxiety

Post by kathyd »

Hi Violet,
Just happened to noticed your suggestion. Thanks!
I sure would love to volunteer as it would be something, I could stop if I needed. Also it would be a wonderful distraction.
My problem still is the driving; even a 5minute drive is the most painful activity for me, so much so that I have avoided if for a long time now.
I'd been doing it occasionally for awhile and found that it took me a day or so to bounce back to baseline.
Who knows tho .. that may have changed and I must talk myself into trying it again.
My practitioners encourage it as long as I pace myself, of course.
My hubby works from home at least 3-4 days weekly tho, so I would love to find a local volunteer job, as maybe he could drop me there, tho the poor guy is exhausted from driving everyone around.
Thx for the suggestion!
I pray often that an opportunity presents itself.. and have even asked my facebook friends if they knew of work from home job opportunities
Take care!
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Kathy, I don't know if your location would have a city van that drives disabled people to places they need to go. That is something we have in our city. Might be worth checking into if you qualify.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Kathy,

I thought I would mention that the tiniest dose of Klonopin (Clonazepam) is quite constipating for me. I take it very infrequently,but if I take even as little as half of .25, I have trouble with constipation. You can google and check and this is a side effect. Perhaps the Klonopin is contributing to your constipation?

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
Grammy

Post by Grammy »

It is so easy for me to understand that intense fear. I have it too. The falling out feeling has been with me for over two decades. Feet on the floor each day starts a viscous circle. Dr claims there is no prolapse but where the pressure is so bad, that is so hard to believe, my anxiety makes me sick. Anyone have good luck with phenergan. Is it an addictive drug? Following the anxiety, is sheer exhaustion for me.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I haven't tried Phenergan. I don't think it's addictive.

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-6606/ ... de-effects
http://www.rxlist.com/phenergan-drug/si ... ctions.htm

If you are having trouble sleeping it might help you sleep better but I'm not sure whether it would be OK for long-term use. You could call your local pharmacist and get their advice.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”