Pain Dr. in NYC?

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
make-it-stop

Pain Dr. in NYC?

Post by make-it-stop »

Hi, all! I just moved to NY City and am wondering if anyone has found a great pain doctor? I take pain meds and also would like him to know about pudendal pain. If anyone has found a good doctor, please either PM me or post a reply here. Thank you!
5/11: burning in all areas innervated by PN; self-diagnosed PN
5/11: pelvic floor PT (PT #1) did not help after 2 sessions; she gave up
12/11: Kalinkin MRI doesn't show anything significant
12/11: Consult with Hibner; agreed with PN diagnosis, likely due to tight pelvic muscles
12/11 - 12/13: Tried 4 other pelvic PTs - tbh, they weren't great - no results
1/14 - 11/15: pelvic PT with PT #6 (better results, feel about 30% better after 2.5 years of PT)
Related conditions: MPS, S.I dysfunction
Buttercup28

Re: Pain Dr. in NYC?

Post by Buttercup28 »

Hi,

Try Dr. Dena Harris (out-of-network) or Dr. Allyson Shrikhande (in-network with most insurances) in NYC. They are both great and really compassionate doctors as well!
Sudden pelvic pain onset that landed me in the ER 2x -- diagnosed with severe pelvic floor dysfunction and suspected IC. Diagnosed with pudendal neuralgia via MRI and EMG and hip impingement/labral tear on CTscan. Ran the gamut with tests, treatments, procedures, injections, drugs, etc. since then. Still on the quest for answers....
stephanies

Re: Pain Dr. in NYC?

Post by stephanies »

I have heard good things about Ainsworth Pain Management, but I have no personal experience with them.

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”