List me Painkiller medications

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
PleaseHelp

List me Painkiller medications

Post by PleaseHelp »

Hello kind forum members,
I just got desperate again and couldn't stand that pain anymore.

At the moment I don't get any painkillers so I had to get it on my own.. For me it was more like searching for something that helps in the end, no matter what happens next. Last week my pain suddenly went from 2-3 to 8,9 like in the beginning phase! So I got me some Oxycodon retard 40mg from a friend and tried them.

First time i took it a few hours before sleep, didn't recognize any difference. Took 3 pills. But on the next day the worse pain like in the beginning phase went away!

Second time I took it in the afternoon and it felt like the pain was mostly gone..

Third time i wanted to get the acut affect so i made them anti retard and took it nasal.
I took 3 pills and that actually helped nothing.

4th time today, took it again oral and had to sit after that 1 hour waiting at the doctor - i sat without getting more pain like it usually did...

So my questions are now:
Did somebody had the same situations - sometimes you think it works and then you think it doesn't?
Why didn't it work just a little bit by nasal consumption?
Could it be that just this opioid don't work properly for me? Just like people always tell here that everything works different for each person?

And last thing - please list me some Painkiller options like Tramal or Oxycodone, also Benzodiazepine like Clonopin.

Thank you guys and greets
janetm2

Re: List me Painkiller medications

Post by janetm2 »

Please help,
See medication management under treatment options on the left side of the homepage. For me tramadol 50mg helps me do more by taking it an hour before going to Dr appointments​, etc. Hope you find something that works for you.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”