Dr. Annu Navani San Jose CA - any pelvic pain skills?

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
quilter

Dr. Annu Navani San Jose CA - any pelvic pain skills?

Post by quilter »

Many of us are having to suddenly change insurance plans after years with the same carrier. Finding new pain management is always a challenge because there are so few decent practices (in my area), and one with pelvic pain skills near-impossible. My current practice isn't covered by the new carrier, but it's my secondary coverage. The broker is researching if I'd be able to go full Medicare (have only A/B now with SSDI), and drop my husband's insurance. Then we'll compare costs.

Has anybody seen Dr. Annu Navani in San Jose CA? She's a pain mgmt anesthesiologist. Her office refuses to tell me if (and to what degree) she treats pelvic pain. "She treats a variety of issues and an initial evaluation is required" to determine 1) if she'll accept me and 2) whether she treats pelvic pain. I can't find anything on the net other than the basics. Well, we've all been through this hassle. Compile your voluminous records, wait weeks-to-months for an appointment, be seen and most likely told they know nothing about pelvic pain, can't suggest anything or anybody to see. I've done this too many times, even with pain docs whose practice manager guaranteed they treated pelvic and did certain procedures, then the doctor tells me the opposite. My pelvic PT has never heard of this doctor. The office would be a minimum 1 hour commute each way in good traffic (commute times are horrible). For just medication management I'd have to do that trip every 4 weeks, and sitting is not good so a flare would follow.

Your feedback is appreciated!
Last edited by quilter on Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acute left vag/rectal pain 1999 lowering into chair. Dx 2006 with PNE/VV by PTs, Dr. Garcia, Weiss, Hibner. Many shots. PNMLT: left PN barely fuctional. Left TIG by Dr. Hibner 2007 (ST lig). 75% improved 1 year postop, slow decline. Pelvic floor Botox 2010. Left sacral SCS 2011 after good trial; removed 2012 due to NEW left S2 & rectal pain, bowel freq. Re-do left TIG by Dr. H & 5-day ketamine 2013; 1-1/2 years postop 70% improved. New post-SCS Sx are worse than PN Sx.
Violet M

Re: Dr. Annu Navani San Jose CA - any pelvic pain skills?

Post by Violet M »

Sorry, I don't know anything about her. It's dreadful that you can't keep your current doctor. :cry:
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
quilter

Re: Dr. Annu Navani San Jose CA - any pelvic pain skills?

Post by quilter »

I can keep them; it will cost more with no co-insurance. All the pain practices in our 3 local counties focus on spine and non-pelvic.
Acute left vag/rectal pain 1999 lowering into chair. Dx 2006 with PNE/VV by PTs, Dr. Garcia, Weiss, Hibner. Many shots. PNMLT: left PN barely fuctional. Left TIG by Dr. Hibner 2007 (ST lig). 75% improved 1 year postop, slow decline. Pelvic floor Botox 2010. Left sacral SCS 2011 after good trial; removed 2012 due to NEW left S2 & rectal pain, bowel freq. Re-do left TIG by Dr. H & 5-day ketamine 2013; 1-1/2 years postop 70% improved. New post-SCS Sx are worse than PN Sx.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”