Chiropractor

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
Pain4help

Chiropractor

Post by Pain4help »

DOes anyone know if a chiropractor could help for pudendal pain.
Violet M

Re: Chiropractor

Post by Violet M »

I went to a chiro and they used some kind of vibrating machine on my SI joint to try to loosen up the hypomobility and then they adjusted my pelvis. The problem was the ligaments were chronically strained and they wouldn't hold an adjustment for more than 5 minutes so the chiro told me she couldn't do anymore to help me. I went to a different chiro who specialized in neurology and they tried to talk my autonomic nervous system out of the pain. It felt like I was being hypnotized only I resisted it because I didn't want anyone else to control my brain. The chiro was kind of shocked that it didn't work for me. It just shows you to what lengths we are willing to go to try different treatments when we are desperate. I wouldn't recommend either of these treatments as described above to anyone. Be careful about getting adjustments. I have since learned from an orthopedic surgeon that he knows of cases where people were paralyzed by chiro treatments.

There are some treatments that people have had from chiros that they reported to be helpful. Konedog4 on this forum had success seeing Dr. Kirk Andrew in Canada for electroshock wave therapy. ESWT. Other people have found cold laser therapy helpful in reducing the pain in the incisions from PNE surgery. So, I wouldn't make a blanket statement to see or not to see a chiro. Just be careful about which treatments you try from them.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”