Dr Thomas Carlstedt - London

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
Mod4

Dr Thomas Carlstedt - London

Post by Mod4 »

This link provides information about this doctor who is performing Pudendal Nerve Surgery in the UK.

http://www.londonnervecentre.co.uk/thomas_carlstedt.php
helenlegs 11

Re: Dr Thomas Carlstedt - London

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Have deteted this link as will not copy properly see below
Thanks Helen
Last edited by helenlegs 11 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
calluna

Post by calluna »

Last edited by calluna on Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

OOOps sorry about that Calluna, right hospital but it just will not fully copy. Hopefully this IS the right one http://www.rnoh.nhs.uk Then go to Clinical Sevices or Health professionals to find him.

Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Ms Wise

Post by Ms Wise »

I saw Professor Calstedt a few weeks ago. I wasn't overly impressed. He is an "auto-didact" he told me and that he only started doing the Pudendal surgery recently because Baronowski asked him to treat some of his patients. He did no physical examination despite me paying him £250 even though I asked him to as I had travelled a long distance to see him. He also said I had piriformis syndrome from his brief request to bend my leg towards me to the side. He didn't go to see how Professor Robert does the TG approach it or see what other Drs. do to treat their patients, he just read up on the surgery himself. He operates one side at a time and he cuts both ligaments. He also makes a large incision on each buttock even though he cuts both ligaments (which would give him the maximum view). I left after an hour of discussion and questioning feeling a little deflated and that I had wasted my time and money. Better to stick with the more experienced Drs in this area was the impression I left with.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

That's rather disappointing Ms Wise, is that the first mention of a piriformis diagnosis? What do you think you will do from here?
Good luck whatever choice you make.
Helen
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Ms Wise

Thank you for your update regarding Dr Carlstedt. Its not always positve when we hear about certain medical personnel. i hope that you can find the results you are searching wherever you can.

As for the link i posted it is working fine for me.....http://www.londonnervecentre.co.uk/thomas_carlstedt.php
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
calluna

Post by calluna »

How disappointing indeed, Ms Wise. Prof C doesn't do the diagnostic work, as I'm sure you already know, just the surgery, and of course he usually works with Dr Baranowski - but you've already seen Dr Filler and got a diagnosis, haven't you - that included a mention of piriformis if memory serves me. I wonder why Prof C was not willing to take this further. There was some talk in recent months that he was thinking of retiring, but he is still working.

I too would be interested to hear what are you thinking of doing next. And I do hope that they have your pain under control.

Return to “UK & IRELAND”