back from block 8 hours on

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.

back from block 8 hours on

Postby chillijava » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:10 pm

hi all
just got back from Bristol after having a left side ultrasound pudendal nerve block, the procedure went ok but i wont lie i was very frightened and it did hurt!
dr g said it had to be done before we could move on to the next stage, which i think looks like decompression surgery as he did mention this and also said that either Mr Wong or Mr dixon could do the surgery, i did say i would prefer Mr Dixon as he has been working with dr g from the beginning on my case so knows the problems and he also did my recent surgery so knows the mess inside my pelvis.
as far as the results of the block went i am not sure how to interpret the results.
i have constant burning in the vaginal and clitoral area with also stabbing pains, which are always there but worse when sitting, which i normally avoid, also have burning pains with urination and stabbing pains also which makes me wee very carefully and not pushing as this makes the stabbing pains worse, frequent urination like having an uti is also a poblem,also cant wipe myself, i have to dab as i cannot stand anything touching the skin, so i dont wear anything tight including pants. no problems as night like most people and definately better when laying down.
straight after the block i didnt go numb but when i was asked to sit it was definately better and when i hwent for a wee i could actually push with only minimal pain and almost no burning, so a slight result, i would say the pain before the block and came down to about a 5 when it was about a 9 , but now 8 hours later it is rising, anyone have any ideas if this was a succesfull block

thanks for all your help and encouagement, i couldnt have come this far without you all
andrea
chillijava

Re: back from block 8 hours on

Postby helenlegs 11 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:23 pm

I would think that has to be seen as a successful block Andrea as some of your symptoms were relieved. When do you go back to see Dr Greenslade to get the answers?
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
helenlegs 11

Re: back from block 8 hours on

Postby chillijava » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:58 am

i dont know, i have emailed dr greenslades secretary to see what happens next and i will keep you posted.
i am not really sure surgery is what i want as it seems its not that successful and i dont want to be left worse than i am now especially as i have trouble taking pain meds

andrea
chillijava

Return to UK & IRELAND