sciatic pain after nerve block?

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.

sciatic pain after nerve block?

Postby chillijava » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:39 am

just wondering if anyone has had what i think is sciatic pain after a nerve block, my lower back aches and i have pain at the tops of my thighs and also pain going down to the knees, never had this problem before the block, and quite strange as i only had the block on the left side but this seems to be affecting both sides

andrea
chillijava

Re: sciatic pain after nerve block?

Postby Painful Man » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:17 pm

I was a bit zombie-like moving on the day after the first time, and some soreness on trying to sit the next day which soon passed. But overall I was much more comfortable as a result, hopefully your symptoms will pass and you will get some relief.
All the best
P_M
Painful Man

Re: sciatic pain after nerve block?

Postby Violet M » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:04 am

Andrea,

Some people have a pain flare-up from the steroids used in the blocks. I did and the increased pain usually lasted for several weeks. The medication can come close to the sciatic nerve and some people even have difficulty walking for a short time afterward due to the sciatic nerve involvement. So, hopefully this will pass soon and you will be feeling better soon. Use lots of ice/heat (whichever works) and extra pain meds if you need to.

Take care,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

Return to UK & IRELAND