My pudendal neuralgia recovery with Sayer Clinics

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
eebergen

My pudendal neuralgia recovery with Sayer Clinics

Post by eebergen »

My name is Elizabeth and I am 39-year-old woman from Norway. I had been struggling with IC and PN for years without finding any help. I lived with an unbearable pain for years, I could not even sit for 5 minutes. In the end, I could not even lay down or stand without pain. Life was unbearable and I just wanted to finish it. After a lot of searching online I found the Sayer Clinics. I contacted them and had a session with Dr. Michael Durtnall. He took digital X-rays and performed a careful examination of me. The Sayer Clinics treatment method consisted of specific manual mobilisation techniques to regain and improve the range of motion of my pelvic floor including deep tissue massage, per vaginal trigger points and myofascial bodywork. My team consisted of Dr Durtnall who is a direct but also soft person who says exactly what to do and is an optimist second to none. He sees you as a person, not a patient, and helps you through all the phases of recovery. I got a lot of help to understand what was going on inside me, the fight or flight and an oversensitive nervous system and what to do when I got home. Marta Dias De Oliveira and Sofia Pinto, and Karolina Krzaczek , Senior Pelvic Pain Physiotherapist who are experts in their field and are extremely competent and warm persons who listen to you and see you as a person. The team followed me after my visits with emails and phone calls and are an amazing team of therapists.
Today I can sit and live an active life without being afraid. It goes up and down like in everyone's life, but today I'm so much better than I was a few years ago. Fear is the worst enemy and makes everything worse. The Sayer Clinics made me not to afraid anymore and dared to live again. Dr Durtnall and his team are incredible and I am forever grateful for his help. I thank them for living today. :D

Warmly Elizabeth
gjones

Re: My pudendal neuralgia recovery with Sayer Clinics

Post by gjones »

Nice to hear a bout your recoveries. I've been trying to find out how much the treatments cost? Any notions please? Been suffering three year's now and pains on sitting down. Do they do something different to Helen Keeble, because I've been to her, also Maria but it didn't help me except slightly short term.
Jacqueline

Post by Jacqueline »

Dear Elizabeth,
I read your post with interest, as I am trying to find a doctor in the UK who really understands PN entrapment.
My husband was treated 10 years ago in France by Dr Eric Bautrant, operated and had rehab. The treatment was
a relief to my husband, but he has never been pain free. Recently he has become badly affected by pelvic pain again, and as we live in the UK now, and our GP has never heard of this condition, we need to find someone who can help us as soon as possible.
My husband is in his 50's and has been in pain for 18 years-he is so weary and depressed.
We would have to be self funding, so could you give me an indication of costs involved?

I am very glad you have found help.

Jacqueline
eebergen

Post by eebergen »

I would email mail@sayerclinics.com to ask about fees. They reply fast I would also call them. More info here: https://www.sayerclinics.com/

Return to “UK & IRELAND”