Help to contact with doctors in France

Prof Robert, Dr Riant - Nantes.
Dr Bautrant
maixba

Help to contact with doctors in France

Post by maixba »

Hello everyone!
Sorry for my bad English. I'm writing email to your from Vietnam. I have a pain in the pelvic floor, it started around 6 months ago. I came to hospital and after carrying some diagnostics included Imaging studies using MRI, Doctors said that it is pudendal nerve entrapment. Therefore I've got into the hospital for treatment. The doctor injected Triamcinolone into the Alcock canal.
After the first treatment, there wasn't any pain relief. therefore, after 02 months I was in hospital for re-injection Triamcinolone in to the Aclock canal. The second treatment wasn't effective, there isn't any pain relief. The doctor said that I need an surgery decompression. Unfortunately in Vietnam such surgery is not available.

My life started worse and worse since I has a pain, I don't want to stop working due to such disable pain. I'm trying to get treatment abroad. I search in the pudendalhope.com website and I try to contact with Prof Roger Robert at and Dr Eric Bautrant by email and by telephone provided. however , there was any success.
I contact with CHU Nantes, they said that Prof Robert did not work for CHU Nantes anymore, he works for his private hospital.

I’m very appreciate if you could give me the helps to contact with these doctors.

Best Regards,

maixba

janetm2

Re: Help to contact with doctors in France

Post by janetm2 »

Maixba,
Welcome and sorry you are having pain with no local support. From the other postings in this France section it says to contact Judy Birch at her website http://www.pelvicpain.org.uk/ to get to Prof Robert. Hope this works and you can get the treatment you need.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

Maixba

The Email address to contact Judy Birch is info@pelvicpain.org.uk.

Judy can contact french doctors for you and arrange appointments - it is a Dr Labat and a Dr Riant who work with Dr Robert who you would see first for tests.

Rosemary
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

You could also ask if anyone on the French forum knows how to contact them. http://www.pudendalsite.com/le-nerf-pudendal.php

When I spoke with Prof. Robert about 6 months ago the information on our website was correct but it sounds like maybe he has changed his practice.

Dr. Bautrant sometimes takes awhile to answer his emails but it's also possible his contact info has changed.

Good luck.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
maixba

Post by maixba »

Hi all,

Thanks to help me to contact with the doctors in France. I already email to Ms Judy Birch as you advised. I hope that I will receive feedback soon.

Best Regards,

MXBa

Return to “FRANCE”