Implanted Neurostimulator

Dr Beco Belgium
Pain Management & Neurostimulation - Dr Jean Pierre Van Buyten Sint Niklaas Belgium
Amanda

Implanted Neurostimulator

Post by Amanda »

Hi All

For those of you who are not familiar with me, I am a patient of Dr Van Buyten, Belgium having being implanted with a Medtronic Restore Neurostimulator in 2007. I cannot recommend his team highly enough, they are totally caring and dedicated in trying to eliminate pain of many sources. They have seen many failed cases of Pudendal Nerve Surgery and stimulation has helped this pain. It is not a cure but a great help.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will try to help you as best as I can.

Amanda
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
Grammy

Re: Implanted Neurostimulator

Post by Grammy »

Amanda what pain symptoms do you still have and are you taking any medication?
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Grammy

Yes I still take the same medications that i took prior to having a Nerostimulator but i have to say i am so sensitive to meds that I dont take too much, I still use ice almost 24/7 which is the best medication for me.
My Pain levels are much less however are still on average a 7/10 most days which rise depending on activity. Sitting is still a huge problem, but with adaptation I can manage a few more minutes a day in this position....about 15 mins at a time before the pain rises.
i can walk further without wanting to find a loo which is a huge bonus.
Are you considering a Neurostimulor?
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
jogom

Post by jogom »

Hi, i hope you´re still there. I´m thinking on an implanted neruostimulator. I´m a man with two little children and a wife, so i need to keep me working for decades, so i cannot fall on this unbearable pain. Unfortunely, i´m losing the battle and my medication really is not enough good to let me focused on my job. That´s the first time i write here, because i´m searching for someone that used this technic of neurostimulator. I really don´t care if my body really explode once my children grow up and are enough big to live by their own. But they are of 4 and 1 y o. Thanks in advance.

Return to “BELGIUM”