Upcoming Seminar Dr. Bautrant in Australia

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
pianogal

Re: Upcoming Seminar Dr. Bautrant in Australia

Post by pianogal »

Thank you Catherine for all that wonderful info, and I saw your presentation on youtube and it was great!
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Violet M wrote:
As you can see in this picture http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gray320.png where the ST ligament attaches to the bone at the bottom of the pelvis toward the center of the pelvis, that is the falciform process. It is near the alcock's canal.
I know you posted this a while ago Violet but I have only just noticed it. That picture is great and is very helpful, thanks. Usually they show the pelvis from a side on angle.

Thanks Catherine for asking the questions at the conference.
Tried numerous medications as well as a long period of myofascial physical therapy combined with meditation/relaxation. My pelvic floor muscles are now normal and relaxed on exam ( confirmed by many Pelvic floor PTs) yet my pain remains the same. Also have intense leg pain. Deciding on next treatment.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Thank Catherine for your report back.

Just wanted to add to Dr. Bautrant's comments about children and PN symptoms. There are some kids that get easily constipated -- I see them in my job. So I would not jump to any conclusions about potty-training woes or child abuse if a child presents with PN symptoms -- there can be other causes.

According to Gray's Anatomy the falciform process is the widened part of the ST ligament where it attaches to the bone. So when Dr. Bautrant says he does not cut the ST ligament that means he does not cut it clear across as in the TG surgery but it's my understanding that he shaves off some of the fibers of the ST ligament at the falciform process in the Alcock's canal. I hope this answers your question, Ali.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
ezer

Post by ezer »

Catherine,
Thank you very much for the detailed report.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Violet M wrote:Thank Catherine for your report back.

Just wanted to add to Dr. Bautrant's comments about children and PN symptoms. There are some kids that get easily constipated -- I see them in my job. So I would not jump to any conclusions about potty-training woes or child abuse if a child presents with PN symptoms -- there can be other causes.
I agree. There can be many causes for pelvic pain in children even if the problem is purely muscular. This theory just seems like speculation to me. I would point out that there is no evidence to prove the rarely speculated link between child abuse and pelvic pain.
Tried numerous medications as well as a long period of myofascial physical therapy combined with meditation/relaxation. My pelvic floor muscles are now normal and relaxed on exam ( confirmed by many Pelvic floor PTs) yet my pain remains the same. Also have intense leg pain. Deciding on next treatment.

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”