pain implant in Aug.

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.

pain implant in Aug.

Postby river133 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:51 pm

. The dictation just came through for my pain pump. Now it can be sent in for insurance approval..The calendar is almost filled for July. Aug sometime.
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.
river133

Re: pain implant in Aug.

Postby Violet M » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:38 pm

Everyday you have to wait probably feels like a year. Hope the pain pump works for you, Ellie.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

Postby Karyn » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:35 pm

Wishing the best for you, Ellie!
Based on your trial; is this something you're looking forward to?

Hugs,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
Karyn

Postby river133 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:38 pm

Thanks Violet, Karyn ,yes I am looking forward to this. They told me 50 to 60% decrease. They also told me it could take up to 6 months for the meds to be regulated . I will be getting the large medtronic pump implanted. I try not to be dissapointed each time there is a delay. Will keep you posted. Ellie.
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.
river133

Postby river133 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:45 pm

Forgot to say how the trial went. It was a great relief ,although the real test will be sitting and standing. I was lying down and sitting.The first pain I noticed coming off the meds was the pudendal pain.. My whole body was itching with both trials from the meds. The implant nurse told me it usually goes away. That is scary. Time will tell with all of this. I have this nerve impingement in L ,cant remember the # . the trial helped the leg pain being caused by the pinched nerve..
river133

Postby Violet M » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:36 am

That's good news, Ellie. Hang in there. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY